1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Going to the zoo, so excited!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rocketliv, Aug 5, 2008.

1. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

We are going to the zoo on Sunday and I am so excited to take pics with my new 70-300VR lens!!!! Last time all I had was my 18-55 and the animals were too far away to get any good pics. I am so pumped!!!! YEA!

2. Have fun and I hope the weather is nice.

Come to think of it, maybe I'll grab the wife and head to the zoo myself.

3. Don't let the monkeys take pictures with it....

:smile:

4. gladjo

gladjo Guest

No bursting of the bubble but I really dislike zoo's. I have gotten great pictures there but I always have the feeling that it's not right. The animals are bored and I feel bad for them. :Sad:

5. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

I feel the same way Jim. :(  I almost talked my sister in law out of wanting to go to the zoo. I find this one particularly depressing. The hippos live in what looks like a parking lot. They have a horrible habitat. Last time we were there, my 2 yr old daughter looked at a monkey and said, monkey sad mommy. Here is the pic I snapped of her looking at him. My only consolation is that most of these animals were rescued and not bred for the zoo and that hopefully my small admission fee will help do something. I know it won't but...
    CSC_0253.

6. JohnK

JohnK

Aug 6, 2006
    Pacific NW
    This would be a great week to head down to NW Trek, the weather should be about perfect.

7. excellent, liv
    i hope that you get some great shots
    i can't wait to see them

good luck

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.