GOLD NYC photographed from NJ

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by JerseyJay, Jun 25, 2005.

1. I really enjoy Hamilton Park in Weehawken, NJ. I have taken hundreds of photographs at various times. This one was taken couple days ago when NYC was simply on fire.

I think Robert - RFC was taking pictures at the same time :wink:

* (I forgot to switch ISO back to 200s - those were taken at 800)

nyc_cloudy.

nyc_cloudy3.

nyc_cloudy2.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow what light.. Beautiful

3. These are very, very nice. I definitely prefer the first one. The green foreground and de-emphasis of the dredging machinery is much better.

4. Diversity makes the world go 'round.......

I like the 2nd one because the foreground is de-emphasized! ;) The dredging machinery doesn't bother me it just adds a bit of activity for me. Just with the 2nd had the beautiful color of the city buildings like the 1st one does. :)

5. Thanks for your feedback.

Light was amazing indeed. I felt like someone was pointing a gold flashlight at the skyline. This place was packed with many visitors enjoy this spectacular view.

6. Sorry...didn't realize I could type with a lisp. "Just wish"

:)

7. Wow Jay, those are great.

8. Kevin,

I got you the first time :)

Thanks for your feedback.

9. Thank your Gordon. Glad you like them.

10. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Very nice

These are very nice shots and looks like a beautiful spot to shoot from too.

I wish we had some place like that in Tampa to shoot from. Most of the good places to shoot the Tampa skyline are the same ones you see on post cards and posters already... like this one on my web site:

www.cjmgrafx.com/images/phattpaskyline2.jpg

Though I always look for places or ways to switch it up. This one from a friends high rise apartment.

www.cjmgrafx.com/images/phattpaskyline1.jpg

Joe

11. Jay, I like #3, The figure in the foreground seems to put the whole scene into perspective. Great clouds too.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Jay

Those are some fantastic images. That overlook is so nice and you nailed it !

Kudos

Regards

RFC

13. ?nice warm light Jay, the first does it for me

14. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow, I love them all....but #1!!!!!! :) :) :) That's my favorite for sure! Beautiful series, Jay!

15. Re: Very nice

Joe,

I guess you just have to keep changing your spot. I have taken hundreds of photographs from this park and each time I try to capture different object at the different angle. Each season has different effect so although you are covering the same spot, final outcome is different.

Keep snapping and thank you for your feedback.

16. Thanks everyone else for your feedback !

17. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    The light and the clouds are just perfect. Great captures.

18. Jay,
    I've been making daily trips through the Lincoln Tunnel for 33 years. I've never seen this type of lighting of the Manhattan Skyline. Truly a "golden moment" for a photo. Congratualations!

19. I like the last one a lot.

20. Fantastic shots! Post card material there!