GOLD NYC photographed from NJ

I really enjoy Hamilton Park in Weehawken, NJ. I have taken hundreds of photographs at various times. This one was taken couple days ago when NYC was simply on fire.

I think Robert - RFC was taking pictures at the same time :wink:

* (I forgot to switch ISO back to 200s - those were taken at 800)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Diversity makes the world go 'round.......

I like the 2nd one because the foreground is de-emphasized! ;) The dredging machinery doesn't bother me it just adds a bit of activity for me. Just with the 2nd had the beautiful color of the city buildings like the 1st one does. :)

Thanks for your feedback.

Light was amazing indeed. I felt like someone was pointing a gold flashlight at the skyline. This place was packed with many visitors enjoy this spectacular view.

J

JMartin

Very nice

These are very nice shots and looks like a beautiful spot to shoot from too.

I wish we had some place like that in Tampa to shoot from. Most of the good places to shoot the Tampa skyline are the same ones you see on post cards and posters already... like this one on my web site:

www.cjmgrafx.com/images/phattpaskyline2.jpg

Though I always look for places or ways to switch it up. This one from a friends high rise apartment.

www.cjmgrafx.com/images/phattpaskyline1.jpg

Joe

Hi Jay

Those are some fantastic images. That overlook is so nice and you nailed it !

Kudos

Regards

RFC

Wow, I love them all....but #1!!!!!! :) :) :) That's my favorite for sure! Beautiful series, Jay!

Re: Very nice

JMartin said:
These are very nice shots and looks like a beautiful spot to shoot from too.

I wish we had some place like that in Tampa to shoot from. Most of the good places to shoot the Tampa skyline are the same ones you see on post cards and posters already... like this one on my web site:

www.cjmgrafx.com/images/phattpaskyline2.jpg

Though I always look for places or ways to switch it up. This one from a friends high rise apartment.

www.cjmgrafx.com/images/phattpaskyline1.jpg

Joe
Joe,

I guess you just have to keep changing your spot. I have taken hundreds of photographs from this park and each time I try to capture different object at the different angle. Each season has different effect so although you are covering the same spot, final outcome is different.

Keep snapping and thank you for your feedback.

Jay,
I've been making daily trips through the Lincoln Tunnel for 33 years. I've never seen this type of lighting of the Manhattan Skyline. Truly a "golden moment" for a photo. Congratualations!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom