Gold ring modification

I always thought my 180 2.8 deserves a gold ring but didn't get one for reasons that i don't understand, so i decided to put things right a give it one myself:biggrin: What do ya think?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice.

However, the major benefit of the gold line is offset by the NC filter, allegedly :tongue: although this is more true for a digital camera :wink:
I did wonder about how much a filter will do to the image quality, i got the lens with the bog standard hoya filter (non-coated), which i binned straight after i took the lens outta the wrapping. Shot with the lens naked for a while, but then i just got kinda paranoid shooting with no protection. So i thought i'd get something to proptect it. I made sure that i got the best tho (nikon filters are right up there with the best right?)

Z

ZBaum

btw just noticed that my picture looks kinda jagged and broken up, any idea why that happens?
Prob jpg resizing for the web.
It's because the forum slightly resizes the images so that they fit in your browser window. If you right-click on the image, and open the image in another window, you'll notice that it looks fine.

That's one very well-used F3. It seems that the 180 is definitely deserving of a gold ring.

I'm just glad you didn't paint it white and/or put a red ring around it! :wink:
LOOL why on earth would i want to ruin my beautiful lens with such a disgusting colour scheme?? Nikon's black and gold is sexy:biggrin:

It's because the forum slightly resizes the images so that they fit in your browser window. If you right-click on the image, and open the image in another window, you'll notice that it looks fine.

That's one very well-used F3. It seems that the 180 is definitely deserving of a gold ring.
The F3 does look, has probrably been through a lot of abuse during its live, but i can tell you that absolutely everything on it functions as new (or i can't imagine a new one to perform with any more accuraacy or smoothness); the build quality of the F3 is just exquisite.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom