1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Gold ring modification

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by malfayu, Apr 1, 2007.

1. I always thought my 180 2.8 deserves a gold ring but didn't get one for reasons that i don't understand, so i decided to put things right a give it one myself:biggrin: What do ya think?

441612117_bd18812cf4_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Looks good to me! :) 

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thats to funny....
    Does it take bettter pics now...lol
    Looks cool

4. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Probably not, but now I'm even more jealous.

5. Showing my neofite's ignorance: What does the gold ring indicate or signify?

6. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Nikon's Professional line.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. Yeah the gold ring definitely adds a certain sparkle to the images!!! or it might be my imagination:confused: 

I think the ring goes well with the brassing too :biggrin:

9. I did wonder about how much a filter will do to the image quality, i got the lens with the bog standard hoya filter (non-coated), which i binned straight after i took the lens outta the wrapping. Shot with the lens naked for a while, but then i just got kinda paranoid shooting with no protection. So i thought i'd get something to proptect it. I made sure that i got the best tho (nikon filters are right up there with the best right?)

10. btw just noticed that my picture looks kinda jagged and broken up, any idea why that happens?

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Prob jpg resizing for the web.

12. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    I'm just glad you didn't paint it white and/or put a red ring around it! :wink:

13. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

It's because the forum slightly resizes the images so that they fit in your browser window. If you right-click on the image, and open the image in another window, you'll notice that it looks fine.

That's one very well-used F3. It seems that the 180 is definitely deserving of a gold ring.

14. TheBear

TheBear Guest

very sleek. I love goooooold!!!

15. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

16. LOOL why on earth would i want to ruin my beautiful lens with such a disgusting colour scheme?? Nikon's black and gold is sexy:biggrin:

The F3 does look, has probrably been through a lot of abuse during its live, but i can tell you that absolutely everything on it functions as new (or i can't imagine a new one to perform with any more accuraacy or smoothness); the build quality of the F3 is just exquisite.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.