A few from a recent shoot. The Golden Hour shots were perfect for her hair. We also got a few bright afternoon sunlight shots. A good test for my new collapsible BD and also have been wanting to shoot beach portraits/swimsuit shots with the 400 f2.8.

DSC_4643-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_4656-Edit.jpg

3 400mm f2.8 in soft light
DSC_4814-Edit.jpg

4 400mm f2.8 harsh light
DSC_4882-Edit.jpg

5 Golden Hour
DSC_4936-Edit.jpg

DSC_4985-Edit.jpg

DSC_5051-Edit.jpg

DSC_5085-Edit.jpg

DSC_5142-Edit.jpg

cheers
wembley

I like them. 400mm? Geez... I already feel like I'm standing miles away from my models when shooting at 200mm :LOL:

6. is probably my favorite... she looks very innocent and the highlight in the hair is looking great. Awesome set! (y)

I like them. 400mm? Geez... I already feel like I'm standing miles away from my models when shooting at 200mm :LOL:

Right. But there is something magical about the look. It's like a 200mm f2 x2 :)

6. is probably my favorite... she looks very innocent and the highlight in the hair is looking great. Awesome set! (y)

I have much nicer hair shots in this immediate sequence but her smile makes this shot. It's funny I did a recent photo walk at a big trade show and the models never smiled. I think I like the occasional smile. I might need to get my pp guys to put the smile and hair together. More work than I am capable of.

cheers
wembley

I'm having a similar experience to yours. Most of the models I'm running into simply refuse to smile. At the same time, I hate it when they force the smile... when it looks fake, it looks bad. I love catching them in the "off moments" with genuine smile on their faces. Those are usually my and the model's favorite shots.

Agreed. A non-forced smile, almost smile looks good for sure.

DSC_4628-Edit-2.jpg

McQ

Still looking to break 80 consistently.
Real Name
Glenn
I like the whole set, even the one you labeled as "harsh light". I think you did very well there. All are quite good, and yes, her hair really looks fantastic in some of them.

Latest threads

Top Bottom