Golden Hour with new (used) 35-70 f/2.8

Guest-002

This was shot off my deck using a D200 and my newly acquired 35-70 f/2.8. Shot RAW with matrix metering and -2/3 exp compensation to prevent overexposing the yellow house. Added 100,.3.0 smart sharpen after downsizing for posting to web. Settings are 70mm, f/5.6, 1/125sec.

What do you think?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

N

Nuteshack

looks nice ...think it might have been better stopped down some though ...;-))

Guest-002

looks nice ...think it might have been better stopped down some though ...;-))
I think you may be right. I noticed after posting that the houses aren't all that sharp. My focus point is in the middle and I should have probably gone for f/11 and the extra DOF.

N

Nuteshack

i have this lens and love it ...it's somewhat picky on the f-stops u use ..but when u nail it, o MY! whata tool ....congrats pal....;-))

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats very nice shot. What white balance did you use for this pic or you corrected while converting the raw ? I usually use cloudy -3 white balance all the time. Most of the time it works nice but while converting I always try to balance a bit. But sometime not satisfactory ...

Guest-002

What white balance did you use for this pic or you corrected while converting the raw ? ...
For this shot I used Auto WB with no WB or Color correction in Photoshop. I find that works well with the D200 for most of my shots. I always shoot RAW, though, just for the occasional instances where I do need to adjust WB.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom