1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Golden Hour with new (used) 35-70 f/2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Guest-002, May 21, 2007.

1. Guest-002

Guest-002 Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    This was shot off my deck using a D200 and my newly acquired 35-70 f/2.8. Shot RAW with matrix metering and -2/3 exp compensation to prevent overexposing the yellow house. Added 100,.3.0 smart sharpen after downsizing for posting to web. Settings are 70mm, f/5.6, 1/125sec.

What do you think?

original.

2. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

looks nice ...think it might have been better stopped down some though ...;-))

3. Guest-002

Guest-002 Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    I think you may be right. I noticed after posting that the houses aren't all that sharp. My focus point is in the middle and I should have probably gone for f/11 and the extra DOF.

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i have this lens and love it ...it's somewhat picky on the f-stops u use ..but when u nail it, o MY! whata tool ....congrats pal....;-))

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  5. Thats very nice shot. What white balance did you use for this pic or you corrected while converting the raw ? I usually use cloudy -3 white balance all the time. Most of the time it works nice but while converting I always try to balance a bit. But sometime not satisfactory ...

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think this is a beautiful image

7. Guest-002

Guest-002 Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    Worcester, MA
    For this shot I used Auto WB with no WB or Color correction in Photoshop. I find that works well with the D200 for most of my shots. I always shoot RAW, though, just for the occasional instances where I do need to adjust WB.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.