Golden Monkey (Cercopithecus kandti)

When i visited Rwanda a couple of years ago we vent on a hike to experience the golden monkey.

It was a great experience and you get real close to these curios animals.

Back then i just started using m43 system. I just had a standard zoom and a macro. This images i shot with a 60mm 2.8 macro (120mm in ff-terms)

I may have posted one of these before but at least one is new. Im trying out some new software for image processing (DXo photo lab 2 and Topaz new Sharpen IA)

It was pretty dark in the bamboo forest. The first one was really underexposed and is pushed hard...

Rwanda-778_DxO-Redigera.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rwanda-794_DxO-Redigera.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Very good images of an interesting subject. Hard to tell you had to to a lot of processing on these. The fine details and sharpness are very good on both images.

Yes i was surprised how close we got. They limit the amount of time tourist can spend with them.
They have parkrangers and some are dedicated trackers for these few familygroups of monkeys in the bamboo forest. So early on the morning they locate them and a small group of tourist get to hike to that location and spend about one hour with them.
They limit the acces to max one visit a Day and leave early if the rangers notice that the monkeys gets disturb.
The primates first was kind of shy but soon started to investigate us. They was lead by one alpha male and this group had about 20-30 members.

Latest threads

Top Bottom