1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Golden Silk spider

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by BrainOnSigs, Sep 13, 2008.

1. nice shot
    love how you got so much of the web, as well

nicely done

2. LRogers

LRogers

Sep 3, 2008
    Delaware, US
    Wow, awesome shot. I can even see the hair on the legs. I'd be interested in what you used.

3. I'm not a spider person but that thing can compete with and dragons for color!
    glenn

4. That is a super nice image, I also like the included web, must have bee a lot of temptation to crop that out.:smile:

5. Crave

Crave Guest

The colours, sharpeness and bokeh are great!

6. Thanks everyone! I was out birding and there wasn't squat where I was at. I saw these "Bananna Spiders" everywhere. I was was too lazy to switch to my 105mm marco lens and used my 300 f/4 prime with a 1.4x tele.....just had to back up the boardwalk a bit. :biggrin:

7. Beautiful! I love Nephila in all varieties, I just don't like to run into their huge sticky webs - which happens to me frequently when I roam the SE-Asian forests :smile:

Cheers

8. SpoonFed

SpoonFed

Jul 19, 2008
    Bay Area
    great shot! love the detail even though it really gives me the creeps

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.