Goldfinch, chickadee and dragonfly

All shots with the 300 f4 +1.4TC...didn't realize the lens will be useful for insect shots :)

li_goldfinch2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

li_bird1.jpg

li_dragonfly.jpg

WOW what spectacular stuff.

i am jealous. I would love to know your PP..

wanna share ???? Please

I'll beg...:>))

Gale said:
WOW what spectacular stuff.

i am jealous. I would love to know your PP..

wanna share ???? Please

I'll beg...:>))
Thanks Gale! :) There is nothing special I do in postprocessing...these are the typical steps in my workflow:

1. I capture the image in RAW format (medium-low tone curve, sharpening NONE)
2. In Nikon Capture, I make minor adjustments to the exposure if needed. Recently I have started trying out the Auto brightness setting in capture. Works good sometimes, sometimes not.
3. If there are greens in the picture, I usually move the Saturation to Enhanced.
4. I export to Photoshop, crop as needed. I then run the FM Intellisharpen plugin (usually at a medium setting).
5. Resize the picture, run another pass of Intellisharpen with the lowest setting, convert to sRGB and run an action to frame it. Then save the jpeg at quality 10 or so.

That's it!

Thank you very much..

I may have to just get the FM intellisharp action...

I do pretty much the same.

But yours look much better.

Much appreciated.

Great series, luv the bird and butterfly. It is a great combo, somedays I miss the 300mm af-s 4, had 2 and sold both( at different times). Just cant afford to keep them all. again nicely done!

Keith

Keith said:
Great series, luv the bird and butterfly. It is a great combo, somedays I miss the 300mm af-s 4, had 2 and sold both( at different times). Just cant afford to keep them all. again nicely done!

Keith
Thanks Keith, I think the 300f4 +TC combination is great....but I can't blame you for selling yours if you got the 400mm instead :D

Latest threads

Top Bottom