Golf competition at our club (7 imgs)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Frits, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Good shots Frits. Looks like a nice course.

2. Nice series, Frits. I especially like # 3.

3. Frits,

I gotta tell you that you have some wonderful shots here. #3 is just too cool since the sand shot while freezing the airborne sand is a classic. #7 the last one is also nice since it would go great with a story about this golfer because of the panorama & gallery watching. Next time remind the club to paint white around the inner top of the cup like they do for TV, then it stands out nicer in your pictures too. Jeez, private clubs... :)

Nicely done! or as David Feherty would say "useful that one"!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007
  4. Frits,
    those are awesome shots. I especially like #3 and #7.

Way to go !

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow Frits, this looks like a blast to shoot. As Steve mentioned, catching the sand in the air really makes this image pop. Nice shooting for an old guy who still uses manual focus lenses :eek::eek::eek::wink::eek::eek::eek: (just kidding of course). Thanks for sharing Frits, I have to give golf a try real soon.

6. Thanks Frank! Since a while now it has become second nature to shoot with Ai-S lenses. I mostly shot with my Ai-S 200mm f/2.0 - quite a lens but you need to be spot-on with focusing - but the results are worth it.

7. Sweet shots Frits I really dig the third one

8. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    As you can see by looking at my avatar you know I love these! I'm not familiar with that strange stuff in #3? Is that sand? I've never been in one of those before. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I'm obviously lying my tail off. :tongue: Great work Frits!

9. These are wonderful, Frits! I especially like the sandtrap one! REALLY super! I'm sure that the subject of these photos and his family will be very pleased with them!

10. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Very nice shots Frits, spot on!

11. Wow Frits, I completely didn't see that you were shooting with AiS, that's even more amazing. Another saying (irish accent) "you're a brave, brave mon laddy"!! I thought your work was good before that, now I know it's really good, but aren't you working too hard with manual focus? I don't think I could handle the stress!

12. I love the golf series Frits. The bunker shot is very cool. Ok, did the guy in the last shot make the putt? Can't leave a fellow golfer in suspense :biggrin:

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. Top Notch stuff!

15. superb work!

16. Fantastic shots, my personal favorites are no3 and no6.

17. Glas

Glas

Jun 17, 2007
    S.E.Asia
    Brilliant shots, how much does a AI-S 200mm go for nowadays? :tongue:

18. I paid mine $ 1,350 earlier this year (see here).
    That is for the latest Ai-S version in excellent condition, with the trunk and HE-4 hood.
    You may do a bit better for an older version in more of a user condition (as long as the glass is good!). I have also seen them listed for $ 2,000 and over.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  19. You have some wonderful shots Frits. My favorite is the 3rd one. Thank you for sharing.

God Bless,
    David