Golf from the 'Top of the World'

Just got back from vacation in Lake George, NY. While there made a visit to the 'Top of the World' golf course. It is way up on a mountain and overlooks Lake George. I'm not a landscape photographer by any stretch and it had just rained heavily a bit before this picture so the lake is a little hazy, but the views alone make this a very beautiful course.

Pic was taken with the D700 and 24-120 kit lens. It was widest thing I had with me. I wish I would have taken my 24-70/2.8, but maybe next year. Enjoy.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
looks pretty

Not sure there's much in the way of foreground interest, so, I'd probably lose some of that

Just got back from vacation in Lake George, NY. While there made a visit to the 'Top of the World' golf course. It is way up on a mountain and overlooks Lake George. I'm not a landscape photographer by any stretch and it had just rained heavily a bit before this picture so the lake is a little hazy, but the views alone make this a very beautiful course.

Pic was taken with the D700 and 24-120 kit lens. It was widest thing I had with me. I wish I would have taken my 24-70/2.8, but maybe next year. Enjoy.

Aw, Man! I wish that I'd known that a Cafe'er (and a golfer too) was in town! I live about 7 miles from that course! I would have loved to hook up with you to capture some images, or shoot a round together! :frown:

Here's an HDR that I made last year from the road next to that hole.

Maybe next time.....

looks pretty

Not sure there's much in the way of foreground interest, so, I'd probably lose some of that
Didn't really think much about the editing to be honest, but I see what you mean. Kind of deceiving, but I was standing about on the tee-off spot for the hole that you can see the people on.

Aw, Man! I wish that I'd known that a Cafe'er (and a golfer too) was in town! I live about 7 miles from that course! I would have loved to hook up with you to capture some images, or shoot a round together! :frown:

Here's an HDR that I made last year from the road next to that hole.

Maybe next time.....
That would have been cool. I actually go to the Lake George each summer as my father have a cottage down on the lake. Love the area, been going up there for about 30 years now. I must say that your picture is a lot more interesting than mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful scenery there... almost looks like the BG is fake and photoshopped in there... certainly not the usual BG we get in courses around here. More like highways or swamps it seems...

Well, I did have to do some PP to bring out the background. It was really hazy and misty after a quick storm so there wasn't much detail. If you look at the quoted pic from 'NewBert' that is the original with very little editing. His HDR image is from pretty much the same spot and shows a lot more of the mountains and little islands down on the lake. If I go back I want to try to a sunset shot from the same spot. I would imagine that has to be a great site.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom