Gonna try Caffenol-C

Thanks to my buddy Steve, I now have a WHOLE BUNCH of Shanghai GP3 100
film in 120. Has any one tried Caffenol? Really like the results of this shot using
Caffenol-C and GP3 100, a flickr fave:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bought a big jar of Folgiers instant and a 3 lb box of Arm and Hammer washing soda (sodium carbonate), but looks like I will have to go to a health foods store for the ascorbic acid crystals.

Thanks to my buddy Steve, I now have a WHOLE BUNCH of Shanghai GP3 100
film in 120. Has any one tried Caffenol? Really like the results of this shot using
Caffenol-C and GP3 100, a flickr fave:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4147/5173909083_ea3715d8fe_b.jpg

Bought a big jar of Folgiers instant and a 3 lb box of Arm and Hammer washing soda (sodium carbonate), but looks like I will have to go to a health foods store for the ascorbic acid crystals.
Whatever was done here, it was Dunn Dang Right! What A Shot & PP!
Jackie Chan Always Unloads A Ton Of "Shanghai" On Me When We're Going Over New Stunts For His Movies....:rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

I would like to use Caffenol as well, i saw one shot soaped in Caffenol, made me wanting to do it as well, but the problem is here i don't know if i am sure abjure the ingredients, pure coffee or pure Vitamin C or pure Washing Soda.

Here is my favorite shot developed by Caffenol:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellinuxero/4547285529/sizes/l/
Tareq, nice shot, but you should warn folks your link contains graphic
material.:wink:

If I was in the UAE, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a jar of instant non-decaffeinated coffee, go to a chemist or pharmacist for the ascorbic acid
crystals, and visit a place that does maintenance on swimming pools for
the sodium carbonate.

Whatever was done here, it was Dunn Dang Right! What A Shot & PP!
Jackie Chan Always Unloads A Ton Of "Shanghai" On Me When We're Going Over New Stunts For His Movies....:rolleyes::eek::biggrin:
:biggrin: I can't wait to try this, Steve!

Tareq, nice shot, but you should warn folks your link contains graphic
material.:wink:

If I was in the UAE, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a jar of instant non-decaffeinated coffee, go to a chemist or pharmacist for the ascorbic acid
crystals, and visit a place that does maintenance on swimming pools for
the sodium carbonate.

:biggrin: I can't wait to try this, Steve!
The link is not mine, and also that Graphic is really tempting but i have 2 and they are collecting dust more than before i bought them used :biggrin:

In fact i found Instant coffee but i don't know if that is good to use, also i don't go to to swimming pools maintenance to fine Ca.Sod, and i can't be sure i can find VitC crystals or powders in pharmacies, but i will do my best, the problem is that the prices of those materials are more expensive all together than just one ready developer.

The instant coffee should be fine, and Na2CO3 should be very cheap to come
by. Unfortunately the ascorbic acid crystals may run a little money, but it only
takes 8g to develop a roll of 120.

Looking forward to see some results Bill, I know Tormod use caffenol too, he´s posted some tips and photos here earlier.

Went over to Earth Fare today for the ascorbic acid crystals. Beats the heck
out of paying $9 plus shipping for 100 grams at Artcraft. Eight ounces came to
$13.85, tax included.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hey! Didn't see this..

You can find all the info you need here: caffenol.blogspot.com
There's a group at APUG as well.

If you want consistent great results you need to get Potassium Bromide (KBr), and get an accurat scale (you need to measure up 1g of KBr, so the scales should be accurate to 0.1g).

Do the measurements diligently, watch your temperatures, have fun!

:D

The coffee should be the nastiest ****e you can find. Cheap, nasty stuff you wouldn't drink has the most caffeic acid, which is what you need.

Are you sure that VitC you found there is pure?

Top Bottom