Good deal on 14-24 2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by mindspan, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Amazon has the Nikon 14-24 2.8 (USA version) on sale for less than B&H and it comes with free shipping and a bonus of 20 free prints from Shutterfly. Pretty decent deal!

2. 1 left in stock!!

3. Yeah I am torn between sticking with my 17-35 or pulling the trigger on this one myself. This lens is supposed to be sharp corner to corner, is wider than the 17-35 too... but it's hard to justify when I've just spent a bunch of cash on the D3, 70-200 2.8 VR and the 85 1.4!

4. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    I called Dell a few months ago and asked if the were selling this lens. The sales guy told me they did, and had it in stock. When I asked how much...

He told me $1249. Yes, seriously. I wasn't able to order at that particular moment, so I called back when I got home and they were mysteriously "sold out". The next day, I called back and guess what the price was...

$1799 and they had plenty! The sales guy hasn't returned any of my calls or emails, either ;-)

5. Wow... I won't go into my nightmare dealing with Dell (which includes them sending me 3 separate laptops until they got it right and my 30" monitor just being canceled from my order without me being notified), but suffice it to say I will never order anything from them again.

6. Haha I work for Dell, but in the corporate sector :)  We get crap deals on the employee end too.

7. spyder57

spyder57

May 26, 2006
    Let me know if you sell the 17-35 :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.