Good deal on 14-24 2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by mindspan, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Amazon has the Nikon 14-24 2.8 (USA version) on sale for less than B&H and it comes with free shipping and a bonus of 20 free prints from Shutterfly. Pretty decent deal!

2. 1 left in stock!!

3. Yeah I am torn between sticking with my 17-35 or pulling the trigger on this one myself. This lens is supposed to be sharp corner to corner, is wider than the 17-35 too... but it's hard to justify when I've just spent a bunch of cash on the D3, 70-200 2.8 VR and the 85 1.4!

4. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    I called Dell a few months ago and asked if the were selling this lens. The sales guy told me they did, and had it in stock. When I asked how much...

He told me $1249. Yes, seriously. I wasn't able to order at that particular moment, so I called back when I got home and they were mysteriously "sold out". The next day, I called back and guess what the price was...

$1799 and they had plenty! The sales guy hasn't returned any of my calls or emails, either ;-)

5. Wow... I won't go into my nightmare dealing with Dell (which includes them sending me 3 separate laptops until they got it right and my 30" monitor just being canceled from my order without me being notified), but suffice it to say I will never order anything from them again.

6. Haha I work for Dell, but in the corporate sector :) We get crap deals on the employee end too.

7. spyder57

spyder57

May 26, 2006
    Let me know if you sell the 17-35 :wink: