Good Deals On Sandisk CF Cards??

Since I just finished unpacking my new D2X this evening, I figure I'll have to upgrade my 1 GB cards to 2 GB or more. I usually get Sandisk Extremes because of the heat here in Texas during 'Blast Furnace Season' when 100+ is the norm. Anybody have a secret source for these at a good price?

TexIndian said:
Anybody have a secret source for these at a good price?

John, just a very old saying from my country "Fear the Danaous (Danes), who bring presents" (it's almost 3,000 years old saying), I'm sure you know what I mean, but be very careful with all the "incredible offers and prices"...

TexIndian said:
Since I just finished unpacking my new D2X this evening, I figure I'll have to upgrade my 1 GB cards to 2 GB or more. I usually get Sandisk Extremes because of the heat here in Texas during 'Blast Furnace Season' when 100+ is the norm. Anybody have a secret source for these at a good price?

I think the D2X has generated lots of sales. No one seems to be discounting. I went for Sandisk's Ultra II from B&H. They are a VERY solid place to buy from. I'm nervous buying from the lowest NEXTAG.COM price source.

Rich

Panos Kazanelis said:
John, just a very old saying from my country "Fear the Danaous (Danes), who bring presents" (it's almost 3,000 years old saying), I'm sure you know what I mean, but be very careful with all the "incredible offers and prices"...

Oh boy, Panos...you're in trouble with Denmark now! :D

How about "Beware Greeks bearing gifts?" :wink:

Rich

TexIndian said:

I've had good service and great prices from www.zipzoomfly.com Current price is $174.99 with free 2nd day FedEx on the 2 gig Sandisk Ultra II.

Tom

R

Ron Anderson

Hi John,

www.mydigitaldiscount.com is where I usually look first for memory cards. I have had good luck with them in the past and just purchased a 4G Sandisk Extreme III this week for $414. www.newegg.com is also another very good source for memory...

Good Luck,
Ron

JC

I also got my 4GB Extreme III from mydigitaldiscount.com, back when they were still $399.99. I've dealt with zipzoomfly in the past, as well, and both places are completely dependable.

If you're a NAPP member and order from B&H, call and give them your membership number and shipping is free. One of many good deals (the best being Photoshop User magazine) that comes with membership.

Joel

Rich Gibson said:
Panos Kazanelis said:

Oh boy, Panos...you're in trouble with Denmark now! :D

How about "Beware Greeks bearing gifts?" :wink:

Rich

I'm pretty sure there weren't any Dannish nor Denmark 3000 years ago...
The proper saying is Fear the Danaous, Greeks were Doriees... ;-)

A

abek

TexIndian said:

I found a great $150 price for a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II for my D2X from Dell in mid April. They have delayed shipment three times now, and this third time they set a ship date of May 26. Each time they delay, they send me an email requiring action on my part to keep the order or it will be automatically canceled.

The best I can figure is they gave too good a price and *want* me to cancel. But I'm in no rush. $150 is a pretty good deal. Their site now has it at $200.

abek said:
TexIndian said:

I found a great $150 price for a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II for my D2X from Dell in mid April. They have delayed shipment three times now, and this third time they set a ship date of May 26. Each time they delay, they send me an email requiring action on my part to keep the order or it will be automatically canceled.

The best I can figure is they gave too good a price and *want* me to cancel. But I'm in no rush. $150 is a pretty good deal. Their site now has it at $200.

Now they are asking 169.95, but dell is famous for the delayed shipping. I don't care what you order unless it is a computer they take for ever to ship. They always send you those stupid letters to keep the order active. They will ship one day just hope you not in rush. Some Canon Copier toner took almost three months to ship.

Ron

R

Ron Anderson

Abek wrote .... I found a great $150 price for a 2GB Sandisk Ultra II for my D2X from Dell in mid April. They have delayed shipment three times now, and this third time they set a ship date of May 26. Each time they delay, they send me an email requiring action on my part to keep the order or it will be automatically canceled.

The best I can figure is they gave too good a price and *want* me to cancel. But I'm in no rush. $150 is a pretty good deal. Their site now has it at $200.[/quote]

This is a game that Dell has been playing for a long time. Several years ago I ordered a Elsa Gladiac video card from them for $350 when everyone else was selling it for $500. They tried to cancel the order several times and it took almost 3 months to actually get the card. If you read through the Canon forums at DPR you will see that this is their SOP. I prefer to do business with vendors that are more straight forward.

Ron

Thanks for all the tips, folks. I guess sales must be good since almost everyone is back-ordered in the 2GB Extreme III's. Well, except for B&H at about $20 more than most places.

Latest threads

Top Bottom