Good Experience with Borrowlenses.com

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cleoent, Jul 30, 2008.

1. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    I had my first experience with www.borrowlenses.com last week. I rented an 85 1.4, MB-D10 grip, 1.4x tc, and a Flipside 300 from them for an entire week as we went on vacation to San Diego.

My rental was from Friday to the following Saturday. On Wed. night I was sent an email that they were going to have my order available for pickup one day early at no additional charge! :biggrin:

A big reason for using borrowlenses was their location. San Mateo is about 30 minutes north of me, BUT they also have an option to pickup at a San Jose location which is about 5 minutes from me. I showed up on thursday, picked up my items and started playing!

Everything was in great working condition, couldn't tell anything had been used before. Used it for a week, returned on saturday without incident!

I left my D300 rubber L that protects the bottom contacts when the MB-D10 is not connected in the flipside. They found it, and are mailing it back to me, free of charge, yahoo!

Thanks BorrowLenses :smile:

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Wow that's great...will look into it. If you don't mind can you PM me the cost of that rental?

3. COOL! the rental prices shown on the web site seem reasonable as well.
    I would love to know of a vendor in the Atlanta, GA area that does something similar.

Leo, How did you like the Flip side 300 for the week?

4. Snipps

Snipps

Oct 7, 2006
    I just ordered a 105 VR for a one week rental from them, thanks for the recommendation.

5. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    I'm actually going to write up the brief review, i will link this thread with it :) 

6. Thanks, I will look forward to reading it....

7. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. Before my trip to Page, AZ, Bryce and Zion I shopped for the Sigma 10-20 and eventually decided to rent the lens after reading about the various rental sites. I checked out about 4 sites and went with www.borrowlenses.com. They reserved my lens for me, shipped it in a very timely manner, packed the lens perfectly and after 9 days of use I returned it as instructed. The lens was in excellent condition and the rate for the lens with insurance was better than some of the other sites. I highly recommend their services. Don

9. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Nice way to try big$ lenses....

10. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    they have the 200 f2 and the d700 available for rent... mmmmmm.

11. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    I have rented a 10.5, 85 1.4, 70-200 (2 times). From Lensrentals.com
    They were awsome. Thes lenses were spotless. They are located in Memphis, TN (home of FedEx) shipping is pretty awesome also. They have lots of products - Nikon and Canon. They are not a walk-in retail shop. I stopped in - lens are everywhere! Professional photogs working there. Give them a look.

12. Max

Max Guest

Hi Guys,

Saw the mention and decided to pop in and say hello. My name is Max and I am the owner of BorrowLenses. Thanks for the warm words regarding our service and please let me know if you guys have any questions for me.

Max

13. For any of my fellow Ontario mates, i would like to mention the excellent service i got from Vistek rentals last week. I phoned and ordered a 17-55 for the long weekend, but when i got there somehow there was a mixup and the lady had put a Canon lens away...... needless to say i didn't think they would like me duct taping the Canon lens to the front of my D300, When i explained the mistake they were very apologetic but told me that they didn't have any more 17-55 there. I asked them if they had any other Nikons there for rental as i had driven quite a long way. The Manager asked me what i wanted and i told him the 70-200 2.8 would be good, but the lady said they had none and they were booked weeks in advance. The manager said screw that, and took a brand new one off the shelf, and told them to sell it from stock to rental...i got it for a long weekend, and they waived the much larger deposit for the 70-200..Nice to report good service for a change.....I went to the Vistek in Mississauga:tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.