1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Good experience with Tamron

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Cope, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I bought a Tamron 28-70 f2.8 with my D200. The Tamron had a $10 rebate, and after making sure I didn't have a focus issue, i started getting all the paperwork together. I cut out the UPC code and placed it on my desk. By the time I printed ou a copy of my invoice, filled in the rebate form and filled out the questionnaire, the UPC code had vanished. After a 15 minute search, I emailed Tamron Customer Service and asked if there was a way to get the rebate without the barcode. I expected a sorry, no way type response. This morning I received a nice email from Tamron instructing me to mail the rebate paperwork to her and she would get it handled for me. I accidentally found the barcode later, and didn't need any help, but I thought I would pass along a positive experience with a vendor.

2. That's pretty impressive... most companies will use any excuse they can to screw you out of a rebate... Linksys denied one for me because I used red ink...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.