Good mornin America how are ya

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by dmwphoto, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Dont ya know me, I'm your daily sun............
    [​IMG]
    It is INCREDIBLY hard to get up this early on vacation!

2. By the way I used a 3 stop Galen Rowell split ND filter to subdue the sun while alowing the sand and sea oats to expose properly.

3. Very nice so where are you vacationing at and hope you are having a great one

4. Mike,
    Thanks for looking. I am in Myrtle Beach, South cacalackey.

5. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    I like it. Nice colors. You were right. We did have the same ideas this week. You are just more of a morning man than me.

6. Dave that's one filter i would like to have, did you use it between the water and the sand or higher in the picture?

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice image, Dave. The filter creates some interesting hues.

8. Gilles
    The filter is situated so that the 3 stops darker area comes down about 2/3rds of the way from the top.
    Frank,
    The hues are what the light was that morning, just using 3 stops neutral on the top to keep the sun from blowing out the shot. Thanks for looking!
    Dave

9. Torben,
    There is a GREAT sunrise in progress as we speak, BUT I JUST GOT UP AN AM NOT READY! darnit
    Thanks for looking
    Dave

10. Hey. I'd have liked to see it if you'd have gotten closer to the grass and put the sun in a different position i.e. on one of the third interest points...perhaps putting the grass in front of the sun for a nice backlighting effect.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    E..x..c..e..l..l..e..n..t !!!!!!!!!!

12. By request (Justin)

Justin, this is as close as I came to that. It was actually an evening shot without the split ND filter. Metered (spot) for the brightest part of the sky near the sun.
    [​IMG]

I am going to post this on its own thread also.
    Dave