good news bad news

This is great to hear that you're not in pain any more! Weird that no one could come up with a diagnosis. That weight loss sounds rather fast and rather extreme, though...... Presumably now that the pain is gone you are able to eat by mouth again and also to enjoy what you're being offered...... Are you working with a Registered Dietitian to develop a good strategy for the future and to ensure that you neither lose more weight or gain weight too rapidly (if you need to regain any)?

Real Name
Ken
This is great to hear that you're not in pain any more! Weird that no one could come up with a diagnosis. That weight loss sounds rather fast and rather extreme, though...... Presumably now that the pain is gone you are able to eat by mouth again and also to enjoy what you're being offered...... Are you working with a Registered Dietitian to develop a good strategy for the future and to ensure that you neither lose more weight or gain weight too rapidly (if you need to regain any)?
Careful, they may recommend Ensure to him. :rolleyes: Helpful, but not how most of us would imagine the way we would want to put on weight.

--Ken

Careful, they may recommend Ensure to him. :rolleyes: Helpful, but not how most of us would imagine the way we would want to put on weight.

--Ken
YECCCH!!!!!! Ensure, Boost, Carnation Instant Breakfast....... Ensure tastes too medicine-y, too. Personally, I find some of the commercial currently-available protein drinks far more palatable and actually better because they contain less sugars and fats and more protein than Ensure and other products often used in hospitals. Best, though, yes, is eating real food, not liquid supplements of any sort.

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
so 3 weeks latter and every test they could throw at me (all negative) I get up yesterday and the pain is gone.
From 209lbs to 180 in about 5 weeks but I'm still eating baby meals and it looks like I'll shoot my 1st football game since Covid next Friday and with the D5 + 400e, to say I'm excited is an understatement

so 3 weeks latter and every test they could throw at me (all negative) I get up yesterday and the pain is gone.
From 209lbs to 180 in about 5 weeks but I'm still eating baby meals and it looks like I'll shoot my 1st football game since Covid next Friday and with the D5 + 400e, to say I'm excited is an understatement
Now this is wonderful news!! I can't wait to see some friday night lights photos. Better shake the dust off the 400e.

Oh my gosh, Randy. That is some fantastic news. I can only imagine that will serve as some of the best medicine possible. I know ya know, but go easy on yourself and don’t try too hard to keep up with all the action.
So happy for you.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom