Good news - bad news

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bhodisatva, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Good news is - Wifey has justed picked up my brand spanking shiney new D200 and 18 - 200mm AF-S DX VR :866: :866: :866:

Bad news is - She doesn't get home until Sunday night :Depressed

2. Congratulations. Looks like the wait would seem like endless.:smile:

3. Look at it this way... At least it will make your weekend seem longer than the week was. :wink:

4. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Way to go! Did ya get a deal? Duty free perhaps???

5. lol... it might not be yours come Saturday night!!! :smile:

6. Yup :biggrin: flew from Newcastle to Bristol in May and called into Dixons tax free while there. Was quoted £710 for the D200 and £468 for the 18-200mm. Came home and thought about it, thought about it some more and then phoned the order through (knowing that wifey would be making the trip again on this date :wink: ).

Thought there might have been a delay on the lens as they seem to have been coming in and flying off the shelves, 'phoned them on Monday and they had got the body for me but where still waiting on the lens, i had it explained to me that they where hoping it was going to get here for today but if not it would be early next week and they would DHL it out to me. Anyways, wifey called in to pick it up today and the lens was with it :biggrin:

I could have perhaps waited until September when i'll be out in the states to have picked the 18-200mm up then at an even cheaper price but there would be no guarantee it would be available so i bit the bullet and ordered it here, at least i get to practice with the combo before flying out on holiday for two weeks though :biggrin:

Also those kind folks at Nikon decided to extend their offer of free Capture NX on all purchases of the D200 until today, just scraped in under the wire with it so that an extra saving of £119 :biggrin:

Is it Sunday yet, is it, is it? huh, huh, is it Sunday yet??

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2007
  7. I very much doubt it, she don't know the difference between a bus or an F stop :biggrin:

8. A word of advice: try to appear more excited about your wife coming home rather than your new gear. :wink:

9. LMAO so trooooooooooooooooo. Her journey through the airport today was, i had to remind myself, for the purpose of her going to meet and spend a couple of days at her mothers with an aside of picking up my camera and not the other way around :biggrin:

10. Haha! I think that's the best piece of advice I've seen on this forum so far! :biggrin:

11. TheBear

TheBear Guest

nice pickup... LOL.. great word of advice.

12. Not long now :866: :866: :866:

13. I would like to announce the safe arrival home of my lovely wife Samantha, oh and she also brought my D200 with her :biggrin:

14. Congrats! Now I wanna know how you like that new toy! I'm thinking about one too.