good photography books?

I just read Michael Freeman's Understanding exposure and it has helped me alot. It came out in April, so idk if many of you will have seen it yet. I will be certainly reading the photographers eye sometime very soon.

I have Kelby's photoshop CS2 book for digital photographers and I liked it alot too. I have to check out his other stuff. I think that I have been very satisfied with my book purchases because i get a chance to look at them at the store. I personally wouldn't pick up a book without reccomendation blindly. like photography, books are visual too, and I fele that it impacts how you pick up the info greatly.

Why are there so many photography authors with the name Freeman?

I am curious as to why Freemans book would cause arguments.
My tongue-in-cheek remark was followed by a :) smilie to denote that.

However it's not uncommon for a forum assertion that something is "the best" to be followed by argument about other "best" choices. Some might think that Bryan Patterson's book on composition is better than Freeman's, for example, because it requires less reading and communicates the basics simply.

We'll assume from your insertion that argument about Freeman's being the best book would be surprising. Great, we agree!

My tongue-in-cheek remark was followed by a :) smilie to denote that.

However it's not uncommon for a forum assertion that something is "the best" to be followed by argument about other "best" choices. Some might think that Bryan Patterson's book on composition is better than Freeman's, for example, because it requires less reading and communicates the basics simply.

We'll assume from your insertion that argument about Freeman's being the best book would be surprising. Great, we agree!
I like Peterson but it just seems that he is doing books more to showcase his work than explain things

anything by ansel adams is an inspiration

and for photojournalism pictures on a page by harold evens

i learnt a lot from this book on compostion,editing and realy looking at a photo.

these maybe from the film days but a lot of things are still relevant

Thanks for the heads up everybody! I'm done with the first Kelby Digital Photography book and am going to pick up the next addition tomorrow...and maybe a couple other book depending on whatever money I have in pocket.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom