Good place to sell D70? (Not a solicitation for sale!)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by craig.martell, Jun 15, 2007.

1. ALL:

I am a new member (just came over to Nikon from Olympus), so I don't yet have access to the for-sale forum. I really like the idea of having members wait until they have proven themselves before being able to sell. This makes for a much better community.

However, my wife needs to sell her D70 "now" to buy something else she wants, and she told me she can simply use my D200 :-( when she needs a camera. So, I was wondering if you all could suggest another good site for selling Nikon equipment? Please note, this is not a solicitation to sell here.

Thanks in advance, and if the moderators think this is out of line, please feel free to delete.

Thanks,

Craig

2. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Well if you start posting on the site, before you know it you'll have the necessary posts to access the for sale forum. Welcome to the Cafe!

3. 25 post is all and I can't think of a better place to sell it than here.

4. lbhs_rwb

lbhs_rwb

Oct 16, 2006
    Florida
    BH buys used equipment, you could call them up.

5. genehsu

genehsu

Apr 15, 2007
    Seattle
    It's now 25+ posts and 30+ days for the for sale section.

6. Correct. Which is actually a good idea. The 30 days means that no one is dropping off equipment and then taking off. If the camera hasn't sold before then, I will definitely sell it here.

Thanks for the good ideas.

7. How about your local camera shop? Some will take used gear and either pay cash outright or put it on consignment for you. That has worked for me in the past.

8. Ghunger

Ghunger

Apr 2, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    www.KEH.com is another popular site that sells used equipment, couldn't hurt to check them out.

9. Even with the 30 day wait, you're still better off selling here rather than any store.

10. Daniel Bates

Daniel Bates

Jan 9, 2007
    FredMiranda has no post or wait limits but charges money to post the ad.
    TexasPhotoForum has a 25 post minimum, no 30 day requirement (that would be a good idea though!)
    Craigslist is free but there are a lot of scammers...
    KEH does good business too (I've sold gear to them) but they don't give you much for it.

11. Sold it on Craig's List

ALL:

Thanks for all your help and PMs. It sold today on Craig's List.

Craig

12. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Congrats and welcome to the forum!

13. Thanks Firelarz, this does seem like a very welcoming place.