1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Good Places to Visit in Chicago

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mani, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Mani

Mani

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto - Canada
    Me visiting Chicago first week of Aug, any Good places ofcourse from Pictures point of view and is there and good area for Birding ....

Regards
    Mani

2. baeken

baeken

Jun 24, 2008
    Orange County, CA
    Wrigley field, navy pier, Giordano's pizza, museum of science and industry, and of course that big giant piece of mirror (i have no idea what it's called) downtown.

this thing.....it's way cool

IMG_6710.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    If you are staying in the city, photography along Michigan Avenue from the Museums heading northward to the beaches is fantastic. Photography along the Chicago River is most beautiful at dusk. Shooting long the Lake Michigan shoreline is nice from the Planetarium through Montrose Harbor. You can do some birding at Montrose Harbor as well. The Lincoln Park Zoo is just north of North Avenue on the west side of Lake Shore Drive. You might head to Navy Pier for a short boat cruise, some ideal shoreline photography from out on the lake. I highly recommend a dinner cruise on the Mystic Blue which departs from Navy Pier, it is inexpensive with good food and runs three hours pier to pier.

4. Dr A

Dr A

Feb 2, 2008
    State College, PA
    I second Giordano's.

5. Mani

Mani

Jan 14, 2006
    Toronto - Canada
    Thank u a Bunch everyone, time to add all these location to GPS . on 2nd thought how safe is the city any piece of advise ....

6. When I have visited Chicago my day were always taken up with business meetings but I love the early evening and nighttime shots that I took there.

7. jadlh

jadlh

Mar 6, 2008
    USA, Michigan
    Some great places to visit: the Planatarium, the Science and History museum, the museum of Natural history, the Rock n-Roll Mcdonalds, (Geno's, Uno's, Lawrey's, Ed Debevics - eating places), Museum of Art, Navy Pier, now if you are a shopper type then that is a different story.

8. Frank's favorite Canoli shop! :wink:

9. The Art Institute is a must see! The Lazadro Museum in Elmhurst is a rare treat if you are into minerals and gem carvings. The Lincoln Park Zo, Brookfield Zoo, Morton Arboretum, etc., etc., etc. if you are so inclined. I second what has already been mentioned. Just walk, watch and enjoy. In my opinion, Chicago is the best example of an all-around reasonable city in the U.S. You could sightsee in and around Chicago for months and not see everyhting worth seeing.

Tom

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Safety is really not a problem, just stay in areas where people are enjoying the city.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.