GOOD, trustworthy camera/electronics equipment dealers

I thought it would be good if we got together and also shared some of the GOOD, trustworthy camera/electronics dealers that we have done business with. Especially in light of the current Nikon equipment shortage, we are all always looking for good alternative businesses to use in time of need!

I'd be open to sharing internet dealers, as well as local stores (most local stores will also ship nowadays!)

To start us off, here are a few on my list to use and trust:

B&H
Norman Camera
Adorama
J&R
Samys Camera
Video Direct

Last edited by a moderator:
B&H
Adorama
Cameta Camera
Buydig/Beach
DigitalPhotoClub
The Filter Connection
KEH
One Call (I see them on the bad guy list but I have had good luck with them)

They also screw people from time to time... they certainly would NOT make my "GOOD" list.
Every dealer on the face of the earth makes mistakes. Did they "screw" you, or is this a generalization? I have never heard of anyone who had a bad experience with them not having it handled to their satisfaction.

Cope- I agree. I even had a bad experience with adorama once and almost didn't shop there again, but after thinking it over I figured it was a pretty isolated incident. Overall I think they are a reputable store, as I figure KEH probably is.

... KEH... They also screw people from time to time... they certainly would NOT make my "GOOD" list.
I can only describe my experience, which is approximately 20 orders over 4 years. I've bought all sorts of stuff from them from new and used cameras to lenses, filters, remotes, motor drives, film, lens caps... At this point I've had several things go bad, but in every case things have been set right with at most a delay in time. I've NEVER had any problem getting what I wanted from them for the price they originally agreed to. The only time I paid more than the original invoice was the one time I decided I would rather have an EX item instead of the BGN one I ordered, and the only additional money was the price difference between the items. Note that this means that I didn't even pay any additional shipping, although I would gladly have done that in this case.

This thread has been really useful, thanks all! I've found some great stores that are "new" to me. I've already made a few purchases :)

R

richinnj

I've bought from the following retailers with the BEST results -
B&H
Norman Camera
Cameta Camera
17th Street Photo (NYC)

I think 17th St. catches a lot of flack from another
retailer with a similar sounding street name. NOT THE SAME STORE!!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom