1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Good wireless remote for D300?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by Wileec, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Wileec

Wileec Guest

I'm wondering what wireless remote options people have used and found to work well? Also, what kind of range do you get with the option you are using?

2. If I am not mistaken, D300's are not compatible with wireless remotes. One big oversight to me tho'

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2008
  3. rsirota

rsirota

Aug 6, 2008
    New Lenox, IL
    Are you sure about that? I thought I have seen other thread about wireless remotes that work. I have not gotten one for my D300 yet....

4. Nikon has the ML-3. It's IR so you need line of sight and it's range is about 20 feet. Also not cheap for what it does, IMHO.

What I use is a Phottix I bought through eBay. It is RF so you don't need line of sight and has a range many times the ML-3's. It's also much cheaper than the ML-3.

5. Wileec

Wileec Guest

Thanks for the replies. Based on them, I was able to do a bit more research and settled on the Phottix Cleon N8. More info here.

6. The one I use is a Phottix Cleon, although its a 3rd party unit, it works very well.
    It can be used as both as a wireless unit and cable release (using the master unit)...
    It says its range is 100m (approx 300') but I've only tried it to approx 30m (100' approx)...
    I got it off eBay (HKSupplies) for about $30 delivered... Worth a look...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.