Goodbye, Professor!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Today we said goodbye to our sweet boy, Professor Higgins. What a wonderful 12 years we had with him.

He was such a handsome boy, and smart, too. He captivated all who met him.

When he was about 9 months old, it was a very, very cold day in January and we were driving home. Knowing that he would enjoy a little exercise, I stopped the car less than a quarter of a mile from the house (in our fairly vacant neighborhood). I opened the door to the back seat and got him out of the car, intending to let him run the short distance to the house. Instead, Professor jumped up in the driver's seat! As if to say, "OK woman, YOU run back to the house in freezing weather!"

My husband and I laughed so hard!

Youthful pup
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Please play with me!

Get this thing off my head!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
So sorry to here this, Karen. Glad I had the honor of meeting this favored friend.
It is always so had to lose a member of the family like this. They give such unconditional love.
Sorry to hear that Karen. They really are a member of the family.
Losing a treasured pet is so hard. They just don't live long enough. I'm so sorry for you, Karen!! I'm glad you have such beautiful photos of Professor Higgins!!
It is so sad to lose a special member of our family. So sorry to hear of the loss of Professor.
Thank you, dear friends! It has been a tough week!

I have cried with many of you when you shared the loss a special family pet. They are, indeed, family members. We have no children, only Professor. And such a special friend he was!

Georgie and I are so sorry to hear of the passing of Professor Higgins. I am sure he had a wonderful life and you have many special memories of the professor.

With sympathy,

alexis and Georgie Beagle

" we dogs pass the rainbow bridge and wait patiently for our loved ones..." - Georgie Beagle

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Wonderful shots of a great friend. Know what you miss; we’re visiting our grand dog, Stanley, in Salt Lake. What a guy!
We know how hard it is to say goodbye to them, Karen. Sounds like you had an awesome 12 years together. Plenty of memories. The tears will pass. The smiles last forever.
Springers as a breed are awesome family dogs.
So sorry to hear of your loss.
I am a dog person, have had a few make a huge impact on my life. I am sorry for your loss. I love this song.

You had a wonderful time with Professor.
Georgie and I are so sorry to hear of the passing of Professor Higgins. I am sure he had a wonderful life and you have many special memories of the professor.

With sympathy,

alexis and Georgie Beagle

" we dogs pass the rainbow bridge and wait patiently for our loved ones..." - Georgie Beagle
I’m sorry to hear about the Professor, Karen. He was truly a good friend to you and Justin.
I'm sorry for your loss. It's a shame that the lifespan of a dog is so short.

Glenn
Such a sad time for you, Karen...... Professor Higgins will always own a piece of your heart, always be with you......
Sorry for your loss. Remember & cherish the great times spent with Professor Higgins.
Sorry for your loss. Im sure you both enjoyed your time together.
Thank you all! Most of us have suffered through the loss of a 4-legged family member! I so appreciate your kind thoughts. And I am happy that he went rather quickly and painlessly. He took care of every stuffed toy we ever gave him. At night he would choose a different one to take to bed with him. Today I am washing pet beds and lots and lots of stuffed "babies". LOL!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom