Google Business Photos

What exactly is that? Do they pay you to take photos? If this means giving Google images they can use forever without paying, then no way.
I hadn't heard of it either:

http://www.google.com/help/maps/businessphotos/faq.html#q4

"What is the relationship between a Trusted Photographer or a Trusted Agency and Google?

Trusted Photographers and Trusted Agencies are independent contractors/businesses that are not employed by Google, agents of Google or affiliated with Google in any way. Google has certified them because they meet Google’s standards of quality for taking the feature pictures and panoramic pictures, uploading them, moderating them and eventually publishing them on Google properties."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That basically sums it up.

Each photographer is assigned an area and each area has a limited number of slots.

So far it has been a lot of fun to do.

I went through the process, but ended up not signing on. I have a D700 and a D4--neither of which are supported cameras. I didn't think it was worth the expense of buying a supported camera to join the program. Funny thing is that I've seen ads on Craigslist for one the the "Google Trusted Photographers" in Vegas trying to sub out the work. I have no insight to how successful their efforts are or how much money anyone is making doing the job, but the process really didn't seem a worthwhile ROI.

Can anyone provide any insight from a pure business perspective?

I talked to them for a while - they irritated me. They wanted me to buy their approved wide angle lens, but I couldn't use my 14-24 instead even though it is a far superior lens. Then they wanted me to make guarantees to them I couldn't make. It just didn't feel right so I passed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Question #8 kills it for me. The business and the Trusted Photographer negotiate the rate. That sounds good. Then it says that the business who hires the Trusted Photographer owns the photos. That's a no-go unless they are willing to pay a buy-out rate, which I'm sure they won't.

http://www.google.com/help/maps/businessphotos/faq.html#q8
Well, you are using a 8mm circular...I don't see much value in them by themselves.

I hadn't heard about that either.

Then it says that the business who hires the Trusted Photographer owns the photos.[/url]
That makes me irk every time I read such a thing. I own my photos and no one else does… and ever will. Praise be the Berne Convention!

That basically sums it up.

Each photographer is assigned an area and each area has a limited number of slots.

So far it has been a lot of fun to do.
Did you have to buy the Nodal Ninja panoramic head and/or the Sigma 8mm lens?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom