Google Earth Anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anthony747, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Anthony,

Unfortunately the MAC is not supported but it looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks

Larry

2. I have it since a short while. Totally amazing!

3. Yahoo (er..pardon) it is fantastic. Too bad you can't upgrade to Goodle earth plus yet. Being able to shift to an angle shot makes it even better. You can see individual people wiith it.

Rich

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cool link Anthony.

Thanks. :wink:

5. My better half just loves staring at maps.

She's gonna love this.

Thanks for the link, mate.

6. I love these. I downloaded and patched together a huge google map of Toronto Islands and when I kayak, I use a GPS. When I come back, I can download my tracks to see exactly on the map where I've been. It's also handy if you're planning a kayak/canoe trip to see how far between spots. Girls and boys and all their toys!! *LOL* This is soooo cool.

7. You're welcome all...I can't stop playing with this thing. I've never been to my nephew's home in North Carolina until this morning!

Anthony

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Downloads are delayed at this time.. That is what it told me

hummmmmmmm

9. The wife and I plan to go to Rome and north Tuscany next May. I can see how this would help finding interesting sites which aren't dealt well with on a "map."
    Rich

10. This thing is farrrrr too addictive!

Rich, I just wish I'd taken my GPS when I hiked the whole Samaria Gorge in Greece! Now that would be very interesting to see it superimposed on this program! GPS is great for sharing good locations, for wildlife nesting spots, good photography/hiking trails, etc. I have this phobia about getting lost and having a GPS puts this phobia to rest. I can find my way back anywhere even in the dark. Good for kayaking in Algonquin Park or Florida mangrove swamps where everything looks the same! LOL

11. Hi Gale, I just checked and you are correct..maybe my bad :wink: Try later.

Anthony

12. Rose, I think you need a broadband connection to receive the graphic map data.

Anthony

13. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thanks Anthony,

I will check back

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey folks, the Google Earth download is active again!!

15. Jacki, you won't screw up your computer, but it will take a very long time to download the images, you can always try it and see. Problem is that if you zoom in, it reloads the pics each time so it's going to use a lot of your resources too.

16. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

17. As of 1:25pm edt
    "Google Earth downloads temporarily delayed

Thanks for your interest in Google Earth, but we're sorry we can't offer you a download right now. As you know, Google Earth is in beta, and we're still building out our ability to take on new users. We're making good progress, and expect to be able to accept new downloads shortly, so we recommend you check back daily at earth.google.com. We hope to be able to welcome you and other new planet surfers soon.

We appreciate your patience,

The Google Earth Team"

Rich

18. As of 1:25pm edt
    "Google Earth downloads temporarily delayed

Thanks for your interest in Google Earth, but we're sorry we can't offer you a download right now. As you know, Google Earth is in beta, and we're still building out our ability to take on new users. We're making good progress, and expect to be able to accept new downloads shortly, so we recommend you check back daily at earth.google.com. We hope to be able to welcome you and other new planet surfers soon.

We appreciate your patience,

The Google Earth Team"

Rich

19. Working for me....