Gooseberry thieves

Last year I had a thread about not getting any ripe gooseberries. I had hoped for some this year but apparently not.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

My old male is not interested in gooseberries.
original.jpg

Last year I had a thread about not getting any ripe gooseberries. I had hoped for some this year but apparently not.

We apparently have some wild berries in my neighborhood. I think I know who are getting them. There are a number of large crows which sit in the tree in front of my house...and there are some very strange purple-whitish splotches all over my car!

:mad:

LOL the second and third pictures are priceless...they look like they're in ecstasy! Are you sure those berries haven't fermented?

Thanks Bob. The only one allowed to have fermented fruit here is me :biggrin:

Man those are magnificent animals and very neat. No berry stains, great series!

Thank you. They are actually very careful when they pick the berries.

great captures

Thanks. I apreciate your comment

I always love to see what your dogs are up to, Toben. :smile: Great stuff! I especially like #'s 2 and 4.

Thanks Dave. I think #2 just shows how gentle they are when they pick the berries. Those bushes are 20 years old and I have never been able to pick enough of the berries to do anything with them. The dogs like them before they get ripe.

Nice shots. My German Shepherd Dogs learned to eat the wild blackberries from the bushes. But only the ripe ones. That is what you get for sharing at the beginning.

Thanks. I seldom see the berries get ripe. It's the same every year. Can't image what they would look like if I had black- or blueberries in the garden. :eek:

ROFL!!!! You didn't want any, did you?

Yes, I really would. When I was a kid my Mom used to make a dessert with stewed gooseberries (lots of sugar). I'll have to make do with the memories though.

We apparently have some wild berries in my neighborhood. I think I know who are getting them. There are a number of large crows which sit in the tree in front of my house...and there are some very strange purple-whitish splotches all over my car!

Rich, If I didn't have the dogs maybe I would have been able to take some bird shots instead. :biggrin:

That is just to dam funny
Beautiful images of the beautiful pups.....

I just love your pups

but you ain't gettin no gooseberries

Lovely dogs you've got there.
I agree with most others - #2 is priceless.

In Europe it's mostly the starlings who are the culprits.

Cheers

Latest threads

Top Bottom