Gordon's 2017 Monthly Project - December Images Up 25 Dec

Gordon, great set of images. The last one of you and Scooby needs to be printed and displayed somewhere. It was a fun Oktoberfest.
Sorry for the late reply Larry - been a bit busy. O'fest was fun. A lot of work, but I needed to do something other than move-related stuff for a bit. Thanks!

Love this last series....all of them. Scooby is so photogenic! Neat idea, the mirror shots.
Thanks Birgit! I'll pass the complement onto the Scoobster. :)

November.

Been so busy with trying to get things worked on, replacing broken stuff, cleaning, continued sorting... end of the month sneaked up on me again. But, I think I see light at the end of the tunnel. If all goes well, we'll have all the info we need to make a decision on the fate of the house by the end of the year. Hopefully. Then I'll have a better idea what my future path will be. Once the appraisal is done, I'll take some time in December to just relax for a bit, so hopefully I'll be able to have a better selection of images to end the year.

So, here's a few shots from the last few days.

M O O N
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Probably the last shot from my DA*300/4. It's capable of sharper images, but I can't seem to get sharp shots unless I use high shutter speeds, or use a tripod. Not really useable for me handheld. The DA*200/2.8 on the other hand, works quite well for me handheld.

Scooby, being Scooby. Last shot of him flapping his tongue around at me as I tried to get him to look at the camera.

As always, thanks for taking the time to look. Any constructive comments are always welcome and appreciated.

Nice images of the moon and Scooby. I am glad you are seeing a path forward. You have had a lot on your plate. It would be good to relax a bit next month. If you should make a trip to Arizona please let me know. It would be nice to meetup.

Thanks Larry. Looking forward to a break, and to finally figure out what will be done and where I'll be. Even if I get stuck here, at some point I'll be making occasional trips and a meetup would be fun.

And 2017 comes to a close. Not much time for photos, so re-using some from Week 50. Appraisal came back on the house, time for things to move forward. I'll be swamped until after getting settled somewhere else, but plan on another thread for 2018. It may be just an image or two a month, or just snapshots of the move process, travel, etc...

Part of my on-going gear shuffle...

I've previously used some Fuji (X100, X-Pro1, X-T1) in addition to the current X-E2S and X100F. I liked the original X100, and honestly cannot remember why I got rid of it. I never gelled with the X-Pro, so it went. I gelled with the X-T1, but it was small enough I couldn't use it for extended periods of time due to pain in my hands, so it went as well. As with the X-Pro, I'm just not gelling with the X-E2S, not sure what I'll do with it. Of all of those Fujis, the one I have missed since the day it went was the X100. So, for a snapshot camera, a camera to toss in the car to have with me "just in case...", and a camera to have for travel where photography isn't planned - it's back.

Scooby through the eye of the X100F, cropped and processed with a Fuji Velvia 50 sim...

Next 2 are with the K-1 and the SMC-Pentax A 50/1.4 manual focus lens, processed with a TriX400 sim as the base...

As always, thanks for taking the time to look, and constructive feedback is always appreciated.

And 2017 comes to a close. Not much time for photos, so re-using some from Week 50. Appraisal came back on the house, time for things to move forward. I'll be swamped until after getting settled somewhere else, but plan on another thread for 2018. It may be just an image or two a month, or just snapshots of the move process, travel, etc...

Part of my on-going gear shuffle...
View attachment 1593143
I've previously used some Fuji (X100, X-Pro1, X-T1) in addition to the current X-E2S and X100F. I liked the original X100, and honestly cannot remember why I got rid of it. I never gelled with the X-Pro, so it went. I gelled with the X-T1, but it was small enough I couldn't use it for extended periods of time due to pain in my hands, so it went as well. As with the X-Pro, I'm just not gelling with the X-E2S, not sure what I'll do with it. Of all of those Fujis, the one I have missed since the day it went was the X100. So, for a snapshot camera, a camera to toss in the car to have with me "just in case...", and a camera to have for travel where photography isn't planned - it's back.

Scooby through the eye of the X100F, cropped and processed with a Fuji Velvia 50 sim...
View attachment 1593144

Next 2 are with the K-1 and the SMC-Pentax A 50/1.4 manual focus lens, processed with a TriX400 sim as the base...
View attachment 1593145

View attachment 1593146

As always, thanks for taking the time to look, and constructive feedback is always appreciated.
Nice images Gordon. I am glad you are moving forward and still having a thread for 2018. I hope the sale goes well and the move is easy. Let me know if you do head to Arizona. It would be great to meet.

I hope you are having a great Christmas and the New Year is everything you hope for.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom