Critique Gordon's 2021 12 Month project - August Up

After a few months knocking on the sky, I'm working to get back into a photo groove. Due to on-going health issues I have been having difficulty completing projects, so for this year I'm going for a monthly.

This year will be a one camera, one lens exercise. Using my X100F and available light, my plan is to post two to four monochrome images each month. A bit different for me this year, my subject matter will be myself and my day-to-day activities and any travel I might be able to do along the way.

As always, constructive commentary is welcome on any image I post.

I'm glad to see you taking on this challenge, Gordon! It'll keep you busy and preoccupied from time to time and get you out there with the camera. At those times when you don't feel up to doing it, no harm done, as there won't be the time frame pressure that there is in the other types of projects. Looking forward to seeing what you'll be showing us!

Thanks Connie. I'm thinking dialing it down to monthly will let me complete a project this year. :)

January

Modern Caveman (kinda, without the mass of hair on the head :whistle:)
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Oops Repair
original.jpg

An apple a day...
original.jpg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Gordo! It is so nice to see you posting again! I think a monthly challenge might be just the ticket for you, and you have presented us with very fine images for January. Very well done!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Gordon, please forgive me for being late.
You've showed wonderful and powerful pictures this month.

I think I'll join the 12-months challenge too
Klaus

Gordon, please forgive me for being late.
You've showed wonderful and powerful pictures this month.

I think I'll join the 12-months challenge too
Klaus

Hi Klaus - no worries about timeliness, glad you dropped in. Thanks for the compliment, and I'll be looking to follow your project.

Feb pics. More mundaneness from the life of Gordo.

Final coat of oil before conditioner.
original.jpg

I'll try to get a better shot at some point, but I did finish the hiking stick and hiking staff. Butchered the stick a bit, ended up with a paracord wrap for a hand grip. Staff came out a lot better.
original.jpg

Tempus Fugit.
original.jpg

Out doing stuff and things.
original.jpg

That's neat that you made your own hiking staff and stick! What's the difference between them, aside from the obvious height? Do they serve different purposes?

All of these are interesting, showing different things going on in your life, and that's good that you're getting back into the groove of photography again! You haven't lost your touch.....

That's neat that you made your own hiking staff and stick! What's the difference between them, aside from the obvious height? Do they serve different purposes?

All of these are interesting, showing different things going on in your life, and that's good that you're getting back into the groove of photography again! You haven't lost your touch.....

Thanks Connie.

The different heights give me different options. The longer one works better crossing rougher terrain, streams, etc... and helps with clearing limbs and such out of my way. Over the years, I'm getting to where I prefer a staff over a stick. Sticks are getting to where I would almost prefer a proper cane.

Thanks for the info! I am not a hiker -- a walk around the neighborhood is the extent of my perambulations -- so have never needed any sort of stick or staff. That makes sense that the longer one, the staff, actually is more useful in a number of situations. Well, now you're all prepared with one of each item and can put them to good use!

I love your black and white theme. Hopefully we will get to see some photos from the places that you take your hiking stick and hiking staff. I love seeing mundane photos from real life!!

Connie, Terri - thank you. I don't get out as much, and certainly not as far, as I used to. But they are handy to have these days. I'm not as spry as I once was.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
You are truly talented. Your staffs are marvelous and talk about custom made; I think that's fantastic!

A day late on posting the March images.

Still working on finding a processing I like enough to keep as my "go to".

Stir fry pan, in use.
original.jpg

Mmm... breakfast for dinner.
original.jpg

Behind my fort of disinfectant spray, with a wary watchful eye for those wanting to steal me stuff.
original.jpg

Trying to get some usable landscape shots on a dreary gray day. (4:3 crop to remove an ugly stanchion on the left.)
original.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom