Critique Gordon's 2021 12 Month project - August Up

Gordon, you are a master of B&W!! You handle contrast, shadow, subtleties of lighting so well! Being able to see the B&W possibilities in something that we normally view in color and then produce that B&W image is an art, indeed. Well done and welcome back!

You're too kind, Connie. Thank you. Still have so much to learn.

I need to catch up on the 52-week threads - may take me a few days.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I really do like your BW imagery, Gordo and I love the contrasts in each image. Also, who is that handsome bearded gent that I see looking into the clouds? :)

August dreck. Nothing really fun happened, nothing I really liked for photos.

Clouds. Monsoon is winding down here in SE AZ, the 10-day forecast is showing minimal rain chances. We did have multiple hours of rain with minimal downpours Sunday evening.
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

New cutter. Finally found a 6" chef knife with the same blade height as the 8" - 10" varieties. Much more handy length for what I prep, still enough blade to keep my knuckles mostly off the cutting board. Will work well for tasks a little too heavy for the 6" Santoku.
original.jpg

Interesting cloud patterns, and I like the B&W treatment! Nice sharp photo of a nice sharp knife, too..... :)

Thanks Connie. I had some nicer cloud shots, but taken with my non-project camera and lens. That chef knife is still too "thick" for my tastes, but will work better for thicker heavier cutting. My Santoku will still be the primary prep tool.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Well, Gordon, I really love the second cloud picture.

Kind regards
Klaus

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom