Critique Gordon's 52 Week Project 2020 - Week 40

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Thanks all.
I've missed so much of this project now I doubt I'll continue, just close it and think about 2021. I've also missed reviewing and commenting on everyone's threads, and for that I am sorry. I appreciate the views and commentary on the thread.

See you all around the Cafe.
Well Gordon,
you've missed a bit of this project, but believe me, you was missed most. If possible, please feel free to continued.

Kind regards
Klaus

Well Gordon,
you've missed a bit of this project, but believe me, you was missed most. If possible, please feel free to continued.

Kind regards
Klaus

Hi Klaus. I'll see how Octoberfest goes this year. May use a selected photo each week, and see if I can keep with it for the rest of the year. I'll decide once O'fest starts. I do know next year will be a monthly project if I do one.

It is so nice to see you back again, Gordon! You were missed! Yes, sometimes life does throw a lot of things at us all at once and then it takes time to sort through it all. I know for myself, it does help to walk around with a camera and get myself into the "zone" of seeing and shooting whatever catches my attention -- if only for a brief time, this can be a relief from whatever is going on in day-to-day life with its accompanying stressors. Certainly it has been a huge help during the whole pandemic thing, with the lockdown/stay-at-home orders and everything else.

Whatever you choose to do now, as you said, there is always 2021 to get a fresh start, too....

Photos can always wait, life counts most. Live it, share it, enjoy it. Glad you are back here too.
It is so nice to see you back again, Gordon! You were missed! Yes, sometimes life does throw a lot of things at us all at once and then it takes time to sort through it all. I know for myself, it does help to walk around with a camera and get myself into the "zone" of seeing and shooting whatever catches my attention -- if only for a brief time, this can be a relief from whatever is going on in day-to-day life with its accompanying stressors. Certainly it has been a huge help during the whole pandemic thing, with the lockdown/stay-at-home orders and everything else.

Whatever you choose to do now, as you said, there is always 2021 to get a fresh start, too....

Nick, Connie - thank you.

Caught a snap of the Moon with Mars in close proximity.
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Moon by its lonesome.
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I shall attempt to finish the year, but I don't know if my energy levels and attention span will stay up to the task. If I do a yearly for 2021, it will be a monthly. Much better chance of me being able to complete it.

Nice moon shots!

Sometimes it really can be just too much, trying to do one of these year-long projects. Some years ago I tried doing a 365-day POTD and one day I got up, looked at the camera and said, "I can't do this any more," and that was the end of that project! I was so burned out from it that it took me a long time to pick up a camera again. Learned my lesson on that one! Even with the weekly project, sometimes life gets in the way and the week zips along and all of a sudden it's Saturday, almost the end of the shooting period and I've only done a couple of shots or worse, maybe only managed something that really isn't worth sharing..... A couple of times I've lucked out and had a great shooting day on Saturday, but that has been rare. That's a big reason I don't participate in the seasonal group Meme events where those who join in must shoot every day for a month using only one lens or one type of lens..... I'd never make it beyond the first week or so!

That said, for me this spring and summer have been much easier than wintertime is for lots of shooting opportunities, even still just around my own home area. As colder weather sets in and I'm staying indoors more, I suspect that the number of shots I post each week will go down significantly. Lots more abstracts, macros and tabletop shots, fewer birds and wildlife!

Last edited:
Thanks Connie.

My attention span and energy level are certainly lower. Not that I am burned out, I just forget about things or loose energy/ interest too quickly. The low energy thing has really been handing me my rear end.

This coming week I need to sit down and view everyone's threads. I won't try to catch up on comments, but will try to start fresh.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom