Critique Gordon's 52 Week Project 2020 - Week 40

Thanks Nick. The two shots above had the same lighting setup - different shooting surface and the second was shot from a different angle. I like the shooting surface of the first better. Perspective of the second bugs me a bit. Still fine tuning things, have a lot of work to do.

Week of many failures. Tried to get creative, lots of failed shots. Critter shots, lots of missed focus or motion blur from the fast-movers. I got lucky one day and a Verdin perched in a clear spot and preened for a few minutes before hitting the hummingbird feeder. Got one shot before the preen, and enough during for two triptychs. Here's one of them:
View attachment 1653954
K-1 + DA*300/4, 1/400s, f/8, iso800, no flash, heavy crops.

Had a couple better shots than this, but this one gave me a chuckle so it gets the post for this week. I was following Verdin around the tree trying to get a decent shot or two. A Male Gila woodpecker was raiding the hummingbird feeder, feeding off the left side. Right as I snapped this shot he stuck his head around the right side of the feeder to see what I was doing, then back to the left to keep feeding. Not sure if I got him in the frame until I processed the shots. K-1 + DA*300, 1/1000s, f/8, iso1000, cropped a bit.

Woodpecker Photobomb
View attachment 1654139

Very nice product shot Gordo! I like my X100F very much as well.
LOL, Gordon, that shot makes me smile! Yep, you got him, caught him in the act! :)
Fun picture Gordon, makes me smile too!
Plus you also got a great capture of the little verdin.
Nicely done indeed. Looks a bit like Godzilla engulfing the poor little birdie!
Excellent shot Gordon.
The other bird is tack sharp and the woodpecker looks really funny.

Kind regards
Klaus

Thanks all. The Verdin was the subject, and I was shooting with the woodpecker on the feeder. Just got lucky with him popping his head to the Verdin side to keep tabs on me.

Week 5

This last week has been fun. Other than needful activity, I've been resting and hydrating. My sinuses keep starting to attack me, then slack off. Hasn't become full-blown sinusitis yet, but dealing with sinus pressure headache and tooth pain, and haven't felt like doing much. Some gear shots today worked out to be the best set of shots for the week.

Three-shot panel of my K-1 with the FA Limiteds (31/1.8, 43/1.9, and 77/1.8). These are usually what is on the camera when I'm not shooting with the telephotos. Taken with the Z6 and 50S.
View attachment 1654687

I'll be in as I feel up to it and get caught up on everyone's threads.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Week 5

This last week has been fun. Other than needful activity, I've been resting and hydrating. My sinuses keep starting to attack me, then slack off. Hasn't become full-blown sinusitis yet, but dealing with sinus pressure headache and tooth pain, and haven't felt like doing much. Some gear shots today worked out to be the best set of shots for the week.

Three-shot panel of my K-1 with the FA Limiteds (31/1.8, 43/1.9, and 77/1.8). These are usually what is on the camera when I'm not shooting with the telephotos. Taken with the Z6 and 50S.
View attachment 1654687

I'll be in as I feel up to it and get caught up on everyone's threads.
Gordon, first - all the best wishes to you.
I like the tryptichon with your camera a lot.

Thank you for showing
Klaus

Bill took the words right out of my mouth -- or, rather, right off my fingers! I've never seen or handled the K1, either. It really looks intriguing and definitely would be fun to shoot with! Nice shots here, gives us an idea of what the different lenses look like on it.

I hope you will be feeling better soon! I hate it when my sinuses act up, which for me usually occurs in the spring as my allergies flare up when the pollen starts flying everywhere. I know all too well that pain of sinus pressure, headache and tooth pain! For a long time I thought I had a cavity in one particular tooth, but my dentist checked it and said that it was perfectly fine, that the problem was its location vis-a-vis my sinuses. Sure enough, he was right, as the tooth felt OK the rest of the time and then -- boom! Sinus attack and immediately, tooth pain....

Feel better soon!

Latest threads

Top Bottom