Critique Gordon's 52 Week Project 2020 - Week 40

Week 11

One of the "positive" things about social distancing... I have more time to work on scanning as part of my family photo archiving project. Picked up an Epson V600 flatbed last week. It's a slow process, but gives decent enough results considering the age of the slides and intended use.

Scanner, taken with X100F, Acros film sim.
View attachment 1657293

Scanned slide, me visiting with family in Vermont and doin' the Dew (1966 time-frame).
View attachment 1657294

Reactions: BLX
Real Name
Morten
Week 11

One of the "positive" things about social distancing... I have more time to work on scanning as part of my family photo archiving project. Picked up an Epson V600 flatbed last week. It's a slow process, but gives decent enough results considering the age of the slides and intended use.

Scanner, taken with X100F, Acros film sim.
View attachment 1657293

Scanned slide, me visiting with family in Vermont and doin' the Dew (1966 time-frame).
View attachment 1657294

Cool new toy... there should be fun for many hours ;)
The scanned slide looks like really great quality ? Nice picture too

Love that photo of young you, Gordon! Looks as though that new scanner does a great job!

Cool new toy... there should be fun for many hours ;)
The scanned slide looks like really great quality ? Nice picture too

Now that's an idea—maybe the boss will let me by scanning equipment to help with our isolation! It would be cheaper and healthier than guzzling wine all day :devil:

Thanks! It's not "the best" scanner, but it is decent enough considering the condition of the slides and negatives, and their intended purpose.

Nick - it would keep you occupied, it isn't a fast process.

Week 12

Not getting out much right now, so for the time being most posts will be what I can catch outside the apartment from the deck/ patio door, or something within.

This dove was just hanging out for a hour or so this morning. Again with the Fuji X-H1 + 100-400 combo.
View attachment 1657522

Connie, Nick - thanks. Being on the second floor, and a lot of trees not being overly tall here, I'm almost on eye-level for many shots. Cheating, in a manner. :whistle:

Very nice catch Gordon (y) It is as if dove is looking right at you

Thanks Morten - it was, watching to make sure I didn't try and get closer. I can get fairly close if I don't make sudden movements, but I try not to startle the birds if possible.

Week 13

More than a few shots, only a few remotely close to worth posting. Again with the X-H1 + 100-400 combo. Two very different birds around the apartment this last week. Not sure why, but the second image keeps fuzzing up when converting to jpg and uploading to the interwebs.

View attachment 1658083

View attachment 1658084

Latest threads

Top Bottom