Critique Gordon's 52 Week Project 2020 - Week 40

Ah, smart birdie -- he knows where there is the possibility of more food and goodies!
I've had a downy play hide and seek with me all week, but I must lack the charm your have! Live the trio!
The one in the middle has a very nice composition.
Nice catch again... you have lots of bird life in your garden

Thanks all! It's nice having the tree right off the balcony.

There's still some small birds I haven't been able to get in-focus images of, they flit around the branches so fast I can't lock focus and trip the shutter.

Wow, Gordon, you are so lucky to have all those birds around! These are really nice shots and I envy you the hummingbirds! We get them in this area but where I live since it is a condominium complex we have various restrictions on what we can and cannot have on our decks, which is too bad. No hummingbird feeders, no bird feeders allowed on either our own decks or on the community grounds. Sigh.....

In your last photo, that woodpecker looks decidedly miffed that whatever he was expecting to find on that hummingbird feeder isn't there and whatever he had in mind isn't going to be there any time soon, either!

Wow, Gordon, you are so lucky to have all those birds around! These are really nice shots and I envy you the hummingbirds! We get them in this area but where I live since it is a condominium complex we have various restrictions on what we can and cannot have on our decks, which is too bad. No hummingbird feeders, no bird feeders allowed on either our own decks or on the community grounds. Sigh.....

In your last photo, that woodpecker looks decidedly miffed that whatever he was expecting to find on that hummingbird feeder isn't there and whatever he had in mind isn't going to be there any time soon, either!

Thanks Connie - the apartments here are pretty lax as long as you don't go overboard or cause harm. As for the woodpecker, there was plenty of feed, it just kept looking over the shoulder to keep tabs on what I was doing. Happened to be what I thought was the most photogenic shot, the others were of it with it's head down feeding.

Not much at the feeder. There is a stray cat roaming the balconies and I think scarring birds away. Only able to catch one Verdin last week. So, tabletop it is.

View attachment 1659575

edit - I don't know what is going on, but recently every time I upload a photo it seems to get a high level of compression and some brightening. And then when I upload to a website it happens again and I get an image that is showing things it shouldn't show and exhibiting jpg artifacts and blotchy blacks. Very frustrating.

Nice shot of your Pentax! Yep, sometimes tabletop / closeup / macro is about all we can do, especially if there are issues with weather and such. Not being able to go places to shoot (since most parks and botanical gardens in my area are closed) is rather frustrating!
Very film noir-ish, or at least very sinister!
Cool gear shot Gordon - really well done (y)

Thanks a bunch, all!

What an interesting looking lens! The results you get from it are great! The lighting, the shadows and light playing off each other -- really, really nice.

Thanks Connie. The lens renders beautifully, sharp but smooth, great transitions to OOF and good bokeh.

WOW!
Very, very well done Gordon.
It's the best selfie I've ever seen.

Kind regards
Klaus

Klaus, you are too kind my friend. Thank you very much.

Real Name
Morten

Working with the X-H1 + Voigtlander Heliar Vintage Line 50mm f/3.5 for SOOC available light images, looking for interesting patterns. Also did a couple selfies that came out OK.
View attachment 1660072

View attachment 1660073

View attachment 1660074

Really great set Gordon... I'm a sucker for gear shots and this one is really great (y)

Oops. Mentioned the selfies and forgot to put one in the post.

SOOC with 4:3 crop and resize for web, ACROS + G, X-H1 + Helier 50/3.5 at f/3.5, available light from computer monitor.
View attachment 1660078

Wow - cool selfie :cool:

Latest threads

Top Bottom