Critique Gordon's 52 Week Project 2020 - Weeks 26

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Week 8

I think this was the best shot from week 8. Dove, cool overcast day with intermittent rain.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Week 9

Not a good week, for various reasons. Not many photos, most mediocre at best. Out of the meager pickings, this I think was the best of (small) batch. Another Dove, in the tree just as the sun is peaking over the roofline this morning.

Will be back over the next few days and get caught up on others' threads.

You are so lucky to have doves around there -- I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I have seen any in my neighborhood in all the years I have lived here.

This is a lovely composition and you caught the dove at a really good moment, the positioning is just spot-on.
Eurasian Collared Doves, and introduced species (aka, pest, weed) is rapidly expanding its range. It will be with you soon:

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 17.02.55.jpg

Real Name
Bill Mellen
Looks like a Mourning Dove to me. Very common bird with their distinctive call that gives them their name. Not as many around our new house because they do not seem to like marshy and swampy areas. Very exciting to flush a flock of them with an explosive sound of wings, squeaks and calls....

Thanks all! Yep - Mourning Dove. Those and the White-Winged Doves are the most numerous here. We also have Inca Doves and Common Ground Doves but I don't see them very much. Haven't seen any of the Eurasian Collared Doves yet.

Week 9

Not a good week, for various reasons. Not many photos, most mediocre at best. Out of the meager pickings, this I think was the best of (small) batch. Another Dove, in the tree just as the sun is peaking over the roofline this morning.
View attachment 1656344

Will be back over the next few days and get caught up on others' threads.

Nice shot of the dove - I really like this composition (y)

Week 10

A two-fer this week. Was just going to post the shot of the male Gila woodpecker doing his thing, then decided to add the more standard portrait.

Wow, I can almost hear that woodpecker pounding away at the wood! Cool, catching him in action like that! I like the portrait of him, too -- very nice.
Rat-a-tat-tat-rat-a-tat-tat-tat! Great capture Gordon!
Fantastic shots Gordon - I really like the first one... you can almost hear the woodpecker (y)
Great pair Gordon- - I'm lucky to catch just a glimpse of our woodies, you have 2 great shots. Love the first one—it hurts my head!
Thanks all!

Kind of amazing at times how close I can be to the birds just outside the patio door - as long as I don't make any sudden movements.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom