Critique Gordo's 52 Week Project - 2019 - Week 52

The most interesting fighter airlane was the F-104 Starfighter. Look at those sleak lines.
Even it was known as widow maker here in Germany because 269 of them crashed and 116 pilots were killed.
The US Airforce used them as interceptor with no problems but the German Luftwaffe reconstructed it to a multirole combat airfraft it have never been...

The later used Phanthom looked like a brick in the sky.

Klaus

Love the 104. Unique engine sound (Starfighter Howl). Yeah, it did better in the interceptor role IMHO. The whole Century Series was a cool group of aircraft.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Love the 104. Unique engine sound (Starfighter Howl). Yeah, it did better in the interceptor role IMHO. The whole Century Series was a cool group of aircraft.
You're absolutely right Gordon.
I remember, being about 10 years old, a combat training over our city between two F104 and two Phantoms.
I'm still stunning about the close curves they could fly...

Klaus

Another mostly boring week.

Except Saturday. Don't need the excitement that usually drives a visit from these fine folk. Someone in the complex had to call the EMS crew.
View attachment 1640756

View attachment 1640757

Still working with the rangefinder glass on the Z6. First shot with the 50/3.5 Heliar, slight crop and processed to taste. Second with the Elmarit-M 28/2.8 ASPH, larger crop and processed to taste. The 28 vignettes quite heavily, even at f11 IMHO, and still visible after some vignette correction applied in Affinity.

M O N S O O N

Monsoon season is beginning. It had just stopped raining, and started again before I could get more than a couple of shots.

Working on getting back to the X100F as my 52-week shooter. First shot is with in-camera settings, cropped 16:9 and resized for web. Second shot is a reprocess with the Acros + R. I think I like the OOC version better.

View attachment 1641003

View attachment 1641004

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus

M O N S O O N

Monsoon season is beginning. It had just stopped raining, and started again before I could get more than a couple of shots.

Working on getting back to the X100F as my 52-week shooter. First shot is with in-camera settings, cropped 16:9 and resized for web. Second shot is a reprocess with the Acros + R. I think I like the OOC version better.

View attachment 1641003

View attachment 1641004
Gordon,
I remember seeing street sign that are warning about floods in the desert.
It must be this season to take in serious.

Great pictures btw
Klaus

Another cheat week, still bouncing back from over-doing things week of the 4th. Both again with the X-H1 and 90/2.
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hi Gordon,
travelling the South-West of the States I was often wondering about the road signs "Flood".
Now I understand...

Oh, one question: What's the name of the manufacturer of that hat?

You've shown wonderful pictures again
Klaus

Hi Gordon,
travelling the South-West of the States I was often wondering about the road signs "Flood".
Now I understand...

Oh, one question: What's the name of the manufacturer of that hat?

You've shown wonderful pictures again
Klaus

Thanks Klaus. The rain here can fall hard when it rains, and with less than normal vegetation it runs off quickly and we have "flash" flooding.

The hat is a Tilley, specifically the LTM5 AirFlo.

Latest threads

Top Bottom