Critique Gordo's 52 Week Project - 2019 - Week 52

Real Name
Chris
But cloudy and rainy is a good thing in Arizona, right!

Gordo, I'm so glad that I caught up with your thread. The photos are wonderful. I am very concerned with your allusions to ill health though! I've had a couple scares myself since retiring - and I expected as much. Like you, I'm looking to, and working toward a beautifully healthy future. If ever you want to get together to look at pictures or talk about life - whatever, I'm only a couple hours up the 10 from you, and I love to drive (plus, my brother lives right around the corner in the tombstone/benson area. I visit him often.)

Well Gordon,
this picture is showing a special mood in some way...

I like it a lot
Klaus

Thank you.

But cloudy and rainy is a good thing in Arizona, right!

Gordo, I'm so glad that I caught up with your thread. The photos are wonderful. I am very concerned with your allusions to ill health though! I've had a couple scares myself since retiring - and I expected as much. Like you, I'm looking to, and working toward a beautifully healthy future. If ever you want to get together to look at pictures or talk about life - whatever, I'm only a couple hours up the 10 from you, and I love to drive (plus, my brother lives right around the corner in the tombstone/benson area. I visit him often.)

Hi Chris, thanks. Yeah rain is good. I'll drop you a message.

Another week of "meh".

Shoes. No longer clean up easily, and I still wear the heel cups out before the rest of the shoe. Need to start breaking in the next pair.

X100F, Acros with customizations, SOOC except for 1:1 crop and resize for web. Still trying to makes some tweaks to several film sims. Getting closer.
View attachment 1644088

Continuing to work on getting some in-camera settings I really like, for those rare times I nail exposure and get something close to a composed image. Currently using a Velvia sim mod that is supposed to come close to emulating Ektachrome100SW, and an Acros mod that is similar to PanatomicX50. Sims are from another forum. Still have some work to do, but getting closer to some SOOC output looking the way I want for those times I can't post process, or just want to leave it until later. The Ektachrome is still too vibrant for my taste when doing landscape, but I like the effect on architecture and such so far. Still working on the monochromes, trying to find that right balance of in-camera adjustments to get a good contrasty look without being too contrasty in some images.

On a side note, I found a place cool enough I can start using a treadmill, meds and reaction to heat were kicking me to the curb and my improvement had stagnated. Hopefully, improvement begins a bit quicker now. Still doing baby steps.

View attachment 1644633

View attachment 1644634

Still working on in-camera settings with the X100F. The Ektachrome sim from last week isn't one I'm going to like for landscapes, colors are just a bit to green-ish and vibrant with those settings. So working on another for landscapes. These two are based on the Classic Chrome sim, mostly SOOC, with some extra contrast work in DXO to bring out a bit more of the subtle detail in the clouds.
View attachment 1645351

View attachment 1645352

And the Acros sim that is close to emulating a PanatomicX50. Not SOOC as I had to drop exposure by .3 and slightly boost shadows, and spot clean a couple spots of lint that dropped on the camera after I cleaned it for the shot. Should have tried f/11, the K-1 controls are a bit fuzzy. I've been using the K-1 + 300 for hummingbird shots this last week.
View attachment 1645353

Cross-posted in the week 35 meme.

I give up trying to stick with the X100F. I will when I can, but if I get out with other cameras I don't have the energy to go out again every day. So, I'll catch what I can.

X100F, ambient light, in-camera monochrome with some minor adjustment in post. Shot of the K-1 and D-FA* 50/1.4, planning on some specific things as my health improves.
View attachment 1646240

Shots of the hills a couple of days ago, with clouds thinking of doing something. K-1, D-FA*50.
View attachment 1646241

View attachment 1646242

Forgot to update a couple of days ago. Been playing around with single light-source chiaroscuro-type self portraits. Got a few that came out OK. A couple versions posted in a a couple of other threads. All taken with the Z6, Voigtlander Vintage Line 50/3.5 Heliar, at f/8, single LED flashlight with a home-made snoot.

View attachment 1646707

View attachment 1646708

Trying to get caught up on things. Not sure if I'll get a shot for 41, will see how I feel tomorrow.

Same mountains as 39, from a different angle and focal length, nice day. K-1, 43 Limited.
View attachment 1648003

I've missed a couple of weeks. Health issues have impacted my plans again. Wee...

Not out and about roaming with a camera right now. K-1 and DA*300 are usually either on a tripod or monopod in the apartment so I can try to grab bird shots as they present themselves through the patio door glass.

Male Gila Woodpecker checking to see if I was still watching him as he pecked for bugs.

View attachment 1648863

View attachment 1648864

And a very heavy crop of another Hummingbird at the feeder. I think I almost nailed focus on this one.
View attachment 1648865

Latest threads

Top Bottom