Gorillas!

It's been a while since I visited the Brookfield Zoo. Earlier today, I spent about an hour photographing the gorillas. I hoped to capture more images of the baby gorilla, but she proved to be elusive.

p3327654127-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p3327656791-5.jpg

p3327654120-5.jpg

p3327654122-5.jpg

p3327654121-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Nice images Glenn. Does Brookfield allow the use of a tripod? A couple years ago at Lincoln Park Zoo I was told I couldn't use a tripod indoor or out.

Nice images Glenn. Does Brookfield allow the use of a tripod? A couple years ago at Lincoln Park Zoo I was told I couldn't use a tripod indoor or out.
Thank you...yes, Brookfield Zoo allows tripods. They also permit flash in many of the exhibit spaces. I was using a Better Beamer on my strobe while shooting these pictures from a tripod.

Glenn

Thank you...yes, Brookfield Zoo allows tripods. They also permit flash in many of the exhibit spaces. I was using a Better Beamer on my strobe while shooting these pictures from a tripod.

Glenn
Thanks for the info, sir. Looks like a road trip is in order. On a good day, It's about an hour from home to the zoo.

Thanks for the info, sir. Looks like a road trip is in order. On a good day, It's about an hour from home to the zoo.
Several times, zoo personnel approached me. In any other comparable location, I would be thinking...here we go, they are going to ask me what I'm doing and to put my camera away (or at least put my tripod away). But I know the Brookfield Zoo. When someone approaches me, it's invariably to remind me that they offer a photo contest. And, they encourage me to enter.

One time, I set up remote strobes at one of the exhibits using clamps and SB flash units triggered remotely. One of the zoo employees came up to me...not to tell me that this wasn't permitted...but to caution me that my gear could be at risk if a visitor knocked the equipment into the exhibit.

That being said, there are certain exhibits where flash is prohibited. That information is displayed on the door as you enter the exhibit.

Glenn

Real Name
Dan
Nice set. No.2 of the baby is really excellent as is the piercing eye contact in no.4. Well done.

Latest threads

Top Bottom