Gosh!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phillip Ino, Jul 31, 2008.

1. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Oh my gosh, unbelievable! What's wrong with people?

2. I saw that earlier! How revoltingly sick!:eek: 

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Shocking...just shocking.

4. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    What the h#ll is going on in this world.

Very sad.

5. This is pretty close to home for me. This is the most horrific seemingly unprovoked attack in Manitoba history. I hope this Rambo wannabe spends the rest of his life in total isolation. A sad day indeed...........

Regards

Ted

6. deadmeat

deadmeat

Jul 18, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Just another reason why I concealed carry. It's because of nut cases like that.

I can only imagine that the situation was provoked in a scene somewhat familiar in "situational comedies." Music was too loud in the headphones... and the guy freaked out after asking the kid to turn it down...

Who knows what goes through peoples minds like that...

I had a situation similar to that here at home. A guy I had known since elementary school had some kind of mental breakdown one night, and started stabbing his wifes cat. She tried to stop him (was pregnant at the time) and he started to stab her. Luckily she got away with only a few surface wounds... And this guy was a successful person, going through college, and was even an Eagle Scout...

You just never know when someone is going to go over that proverbial "edge."

-meaty

7. Yikes.
    I too have, in Texas, a concealed handgun license (law passed when George W. wuz Gov.:biggrin:) 
    I, at 10PM, put on classical music on XM and turn off the local knife-and-gun club news.
    I'm training for my 2nd degree black-belt....just last week we worked on knife-defense maneuvers.
    I'm a pacifist.

Life is about balance.:wink:

Dave Matthews' "Mother,Father"

Mother, father please explain to me
    How a man who rocks his child to sleep
    Pulls the trigger on his brothers heart
    He digs a hole right to the middle of this storm of hatred

Mother, father please explain to me
    How it could be so this world has come to be
    A precious balance in between
    Such cruelty and such kindness please

8. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    A great reason why Canadians need gun rights.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  9. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Not good!

Mind you, I have long held a position that if anyone ever hurt my kids, their assailant would face a similar fate...

10. Hey Vernon, it will not be long before we can all walk around with our guns strapped to our leg or belt. The right to carry guns openly will soon be upon us.....

Obviously this guy with the knife was mentally deranged. What a terrible story.

11. It has been my pleasure to work with Canadians in their country. I would say their ethnic mix parallels the US. Unfortunately both countries have had a horrific crime from time to time. The insane act on one individual should not reflect on either country.

I'm off my soap box.

Les

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  12. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    Gramps -

I saw my unadvised err. I corrected my post.

13. scooptdoo

scooptdoo Guest

poeple are fine .this loon is a ***** phyco killer if ever there be one.a good reason to remane vigilant.the victum was isolating himseff from any signs this crazy ****** may have been sending!and they want my handguns.yeh right

14. Update

Update on this senseless killing. A 40 year old man from Edmonton has been charged with second degree murder of Tim McLean Jr. age 22 of Winnipeg. Tim was returning home after working 7 weeks on a carnival stint in western Canada. He was very well liked and was known as tiny Tim to his friends. The attacker remained calm and robotic like and consumed flesh from the victim. The crown may have opted for the second degree murder charge because proving premeditation for first degree would be difficult given the seemingly random nature of the attack. I hope this freak has an "accident" in prison if you know what I mean........

Cheers

Ted

15. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Whats really disturbing to me, is that no lifted a finger to help the victom.

Gregory

16. This is a most horrible story, surely he was insane.

Most likely, with a knife as described, it was all over after the first thrust. I do not see how the passengers got out of the close quarters of the bus without some being hurt. This would suggest the attacker was fixated on his target.

Most people fear a knife more than a gun, I know I do.
    My son is a self defense instructor for Federal law enforcement. I can not say for sure, but the allowable distance for a knife threat is like 12 to 18', anything with in that range allows for defense with ones fire arm.

17. PeteZ28

PeteZ28

Oct 5, 2007
    Newtown, PA
    It's a crazy story. Supposedly the attacker, until that moment, seemed fairly normal. Who knows what causes people to snap. Bi-polar, demonic possession, who knows.

One thing I do know: this is why concealed carry laws are important!!! Perhaps after the first thrust it would have been over for the victom, but the fact that 35 other people got off the bus safely in this case was nothing short of luck. One round of Magsafe would have put a stop to it and at least Tim's family would have had a body to bury.

18. Let's not go there John...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.