Goshen NY Trotters w/ Carauction Mike and RichNY

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by MikeMcA², Jul 5, 2008.

1. Had a nice time at my first-ever harness race today, hangin' with RichNY and got to meet Mike (caurauction).

Having never been to such a race, let alone shot one, didn't really know what to expect or how to set the SS/etc. Just went for a panning/speed sense look.

Comments always welcome.

326060988_bFgsN-L.jpg

326064546_hZK2L-L.jpg

326064171_7GZi8-L.jpg

326062115_bFP6J-L.jpg

2. mike
    looks like you had a great time
    and.... well done, sir

that first one is my favorite
    you did a great job
    and... you got to spend time with some folks from THE CAFE

congrats
    thanks for sharing

3. Like that first one Mike, just the right touch with the pan. Love the capture in last one.

It was just a real nice day. Nice meeting you, gotta do it again.

click on image for larger view

_DSC0307.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2008
  4. Thanks Greg!

And Mike, nice to meet you too. Hope your shots were all what you had wanted and that your focusing worked well. The one you posted looks sharp.

5. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Very Nice Series!

6. RichNY

RichNY Guest

I had a great time shooting with you both as well. Here are a few images using the Sigma 30 for the first time.

[​IMG]

The backgrounds start looking nicer when you are in the inside of the track :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The remote Canon was being shot by Chet Gordon of the THR, our local paper where Nikon Cafe's John "jjdesanto" is photo editor.
    Chet also had a remote Nikon D-1x w/10.5 f/2.8 set up in the starter car and images of these and other remotes can be found on his blog at www.chetgordon.com
    [​IMG]

7. Cool shots Rich. That 30 is a nice lens. And Chet's website is most impressive. Looks like he's been in even more ugly places than I have lol. His shots from Kosovo bring back memories.

8. IMO these are some of the better shots I've seen from that day.

Good job.

I shot there last year for the THR as well. It certainly is an enjoyable place to shoot.

-Mike

9. All are very nice series'.

10. Now that sure looks like a great event to shoot great job on these