Critique Goslings

I captured these images at Lake Katherine in the Chicago suburbs:

2020-05-13 babies-113.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2020-05-13 babies-31.jpg

2020-05-13 babies-56.jpg

2020-05-13 babies-91.jpg

2020-05-13 babies-38.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Attachments

Last edited:
Oh, these are beautiful! The softness of the background reflects the softness of the goslings themselves...... So cute, so fuzzy, so adorable!
Thanks Connie...I enjoy how a wide open aperture on a long lens brings so much softness into the images. And, the young goslings make for interesting subjects. I enjoyed photographing the baby swans (they were only 5 days old) even more at the lake--and that was the same day that these photographs were captured.

Glenn

I missed being able to shoot goslings close-up this year; the one and only time I saw them was when they were swimming with their parents across the lake from me. That day I was able to snag a few shots, but unlike other years, when I've been lucky enough to see and photograph goslings and parents for quite a while during the spring, these particular goose parents didn't hang out in the grass with their brood, and if they spent any more time on the lake it was during a time when I wasn't looking out the window or the sliding glass door. Now the kids are already probably gawky adolescents but I still haven't seen them again..... Actually, I'm afraid something bad has happened to them, as we do have predators on the lake as well.

Using a wide-open aperture on a long lens really creates something special, and you sure have done that with these shots!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom