1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Got a Hatch???

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Lou Buscher, May 13, 2007.

1. Looks like it. On late Thursday afternoon I heard the cry of the red shoulder.
    (Kee-R KEE-R KEE-R) I knew they were incubating since 4/14/07 and I was thinking when I heard the cries maybe a hatch. (Takes about 33 days give or take a few) So bum knee or not off I went and yes I think we have a few (hope) more red shoulders in Willow. She acted like she was feeding something in the bowl of the nest so I watched for about 45 minuets from my wagon with a scope on the window. I took a few with the 100 to 400 for the record. (6 photos) Back on Saturday 5/12 and saw the first head in scope. (Photos #7 & 8)
    Lou

#1 Here they are about to make a change on the eggs. (First two photos taken while still incubating).
    496078632_1404fefe1d_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. #2 I think this is Mom taking a well-deserved break.

496078638_5e514121c6_o.jpg

#3 This is when I first arrived and I think she was a little on edge when I backed my wagon into the spot I watch from. . I am bumping them up a bit so you can see in the nest.
    496078644_6e03436e91_o.jpg

#4 Well it looks like she got over it and is tearing meat apart and feeding something down in the bowl of the nest.
    496078646_2ed4015d73_o.jpg

#5 She has been at it for quite a while now.
    496078650_be73159f0e_o.jpg

3. #6 All complete and she has gone back down to cover the (I hope) new young. I noticed that when covering the young she did not go as far down in the bowl as with the eggs.
    I would love to see 4 but I am sure they would be happy with 2.
    496078652_f81e4f90b3_o.jpg

#7 & 8 Taken on a later revisit Sat. 5/12/07
    Hard to see in the photo but very clear in the scope. Blown to 100%
    496111721_f70ef5769e_o.jpg

#8 FF of # 7
    496111723_b7ffde84a2_o.jpg

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice
    Thank you
    I will look foward to the young as they grow.

5. Thanks Gale, Me too as this is their forth year with me. Stopped in this afternoon for a quick peek and she was doing some house work with hemlock branches.
    Lou

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.