Got a little birdie

I don't do little birdies very well.

46343606.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Critique away :>)))

well i think its done very well... great shot.......

Tim
D70
Kit lens
Sigma 70-200 F2.8
and want list to long to type

Thanks Tim,

Was at the Viera Wetlands in Fl. riding around and saw him. Shot from drivers side out the passenger window with 80-400 VR.

I was suprised.

Very well done Gale. The RWBB is a tough one to get exposed right, and you hit it on the nose. :wink:

Thanks Frank.

riding through Viera, shot from drivers side out passenger window.

I was so happy.

Gale said:
Thanks Frank.

riding through Viera, shot from drivers side out passenger window.

I was so happy.

:shock: :shock: You mean taken clear across the car, while driving?? :shock: :shock:

It's a great capture, with that VR VR VR of yours, Gale! ;-) :lol: Black birds (not sure what a RWBB is, Frank...) aren't easy, particularly small ones. Great job!

Gale:

You did very well! I find photographing the RWB to be the most difficult and believe me I have ample opportunities to capture them. I can never get them to where you can see their eyes and if I overexpose even the slightest, I blow the white feathers.

So Gale - What his he eating?

I do not know birds well enough to know what this is?

Already putting that 80-400 VR hey Gale?

Sorry - Nothing but questions on this post.

And nice shot too!

Hi Don,
I have tried msny many times. Sooner or later you gotta get one :>))). Has taken about a year ..lol

this one was nice enough to hold still long enough for me to get him. Have 3 more of him I think.

Thank you for the kind comment.

Philippe,
Well the engine was still running, in neutral with the brake on :>)) At the wetlands the road is sorta one lane winding around the wetlands. So you can park on the side or stay in vehicle to shoot. Sometimes if you get out, they are spooked and no shot. Leaned across the gear shift, ouch, and got as close to the passenger window as possible and fired away at him.

Virtical is especially difficult :>)))

Red Wing Black Bird (RRWB)

Thanks for the great comment.

Thank You Kim and Kevin, very kind of you.

Lisa,

I have missed this guy more than once myself for sure. So I just trying, every once in a while I get lucky. Think this is only my 3rd small bird, a sparrow a mocking bird and this one.

thank you...

Hi Mark,

That is a Red Winged Black Bird. He is eating a bug he found roaming around the ground. Don't really know what bug though. Nice sized snack for him.

Used the 80-400 VR VR VR at speed 400, 5.6 , Iso 200. Think I had about +3 ev on it.

About 9:30 am.

thank you for the kind words.

Hi Panos,

It is amazing that you can shoot across the car out the other window and get a shot. lolol.. Sometimes I shake my head and wonder, how come.

I think lunch did keep him still for a few shots for sure. They usually fly before I can even get the camera up.

This guy posed all different ways for me. :>)))

Thank you very much.

Thank You Kim and Kevin, very kind of you.

Lisa,

I have missed this guy more than once myself for sure. So I just trying, every once in a while I get lucky. Think this is only my 3rd small bird, a sparrow a mocking bird and this one.

thank you...

Perfect Gale great job, I have not yet beeen able to get a shot of of one of these that I could add to my portfolio, and to capture hime with his lunch two extra points for a 12!!!! :lol:

Latest threads

Top Bottom