Got a trip to Oshkosh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ryanhawkerxp, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Will be in Oshkosh Monday and Tuesday. First time in over 38 years. I'll try to get some shots.

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Dang!! Wish I could go. I did register for the Cirrus! :smile:

Looking forward to your shots. If you get a chance and see Byron Root's Sherpa, please snap a shot of it. Its an 8 place turbine powered heavy hauler experimental that is so cool. However at 21.5gph its a bit hungry.

Regards,

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    First time in 5 years I won't be there for the whole week!

you will see the big boeing coming in on Monday, get to the flight line early I think it arrives Monday.

4. Haven't been since the mid-90s and don't miss it. The last time I got in a fight with a 14 year old CAP car-parker, and it was the last straw for me. I like the smaller fly-ins anyway :smile:

If you see a new VulcanAir P68 (aka Partenavia), take a look. I'll be getting a brand spankin' new one here in a few months, all set with a big gaping hole in the floor, a camera port in the side, and a full blown HF antenna (I hope) for the ham gear. Can't wait!

Enjoy!

5. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Sweet!!!!

So, you going to put a Leica Digital Mapping Camera or some other lidar camera system in the bad boy?

Cool plane! There are a couple of those in my area used for mapping.

6. Neither - I shoot film, but we're looking at a Zeiss digital system in the future. From what I've heard digital is a royal pain in the butt compared to what we're used to.

7. Hey Bill,
    I'll be there next Saturday, PLEASE be there by 9:30am on tues. They're debutting that new "RocketPack". I'd Love to see that thing fly!!!!!