Got Coal......?

The television show advertised on the left billboard is very popular here since the mine is about 6 miles from my house and the main office about a mile from here. Any of y'all seen the show?

001-tar-bw.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

HA! Excellent juxtaposition! And I have seen the show. That is one hell of a dangerous job....

The television show advertised on the left billboard is very popular here since the mine is about 6 miles from my house and the main office about a mile from here. Any of y'all seen the show?

I have seen the show. Those miners are a special breed of people...but the show sucks. It's always we need to get this thing going...we're loosing money...the breaker tripped (they need a bigger breaker)...the cord got caught. How about some up close and personal about the miners and less about the owners and how they need to make more money. It kind of reminds me of American Chopper.

We don't have that show here Alan.

We don't have mines anymore either. A very sad story.

Great and poignant shot.

Same here.
The mines closed decades ago.

nice shot. Appropriate for B&W.

I'd need some serious drugs to get me down in one of those holes. The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago used to have a coal mine beneath the museum. After it quit regular mining, they led tours of the mine (maybe still do). One of the scariest, dirtiest, most claustrophobic places I've ever experienced. I know we need to mine coal, but isn't there a safe way? Guess not. I'll always be a supporter of the UMW.

Latest threads

Top Bottom