1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Got grain?

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by chubasco, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Those of you looking to put some whole grain fiber back in your diet might want
    to try Arista 100 color film. Be sure to underexpose it a little, for best effect:

3787071001_c581d0ac8d_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 389895

3787882992_e26718fe00_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CVS processing/scans. Camera was an old beat-up Vivitar XC-3 with CZJ
    Flektogon 2.4/35 lens.

Thanks, and have a nice night.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I usually don't like color film because the grain is too fine. These look like real film to me!

3. I have to admit, I like it, too. And it is dirt cheap from Freestyle, wish they made it in 120.

4. Interesting. A unique look for a slower film. Might have to try a roll.

5. panda81

panda81

Feb 7, 2008
    Texas
    wow, definitely a heck of a lot of grain for what i'd imagine in an ASA100 film. i don't know what it is, perhaps the combination of all the elements, but the first photo scares the pants off of me!

6. Definitely has an old school look! You sure wouldn't mistake for digital!:biggrin:

7. Tim, give it a go, you won't be out a lot of money. lol

Jerry, I've been told by others they think my cat looks malevolent, but he's been some
    great company for me in my hermitage, rambling around in an old stone brick house.

8. Nope, and that is part of its charm!:biggrin:

9. This stuff looks like it might be good for some color street photos in late afternoon winter light. I might just order some and stash it away for a few months. Right now I have about 40 rolls of 35mm and 35 rolls of 120 to burn through first!

10. I like that late afternoon winter light idea.

11. Just think Eggleston!

12. Cool. (I'll Google Eggleston later). lol Actually, I remember seeing some of his work.

13. Really wonderful feel to these shots. I just received my order from Freestyle and I must say their service and shipping is first rate. They will be getting all of my film business.
    I placed my order on a Monday and received it Friday. And that's ground from California 3000 miles away!

14. SP77

SP77

Jun 4, 2007
    Rockville, MD
    wow that looks nice! I'll have to give some a try! :smile:

15. Well, whether you like his imagery or not, you have to admire his use of color and lighting!

16. Thanks for the comments, gents!

Samuel, Freestyle gets 95% of my film business, unbeatable service!

Steve, try the 400 Arista, too, I really can't tell the difference in grain from
    the 100! lol

Ray, I do like some of his work, he has a great eye for making the mundane
    look uncommon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.