Got Me A D3X

Hi All,

Felling all excited as I have collected my D3X today to add to my collection!

D300 which I am selling to a mate and D700 which will be back up and high ISO usage.

So far only managed to mess around as it is dark and raining. Looking forward to taking some shots over the weekend. Seems an awesome camera and would not have believed the feel of this thing.

Best regards

Chris

That pro body feel is great. I have a D3X and a D300s which I need for reach in bird shooting. I just wish Nikon would make another DX with the pro body.

Enjoy, you will love everything about the D3X except the slower computing times working on the images.

Thanks guys, feeling pretty excited!

Just ordered a couple of 32GB Lexar cards to go with it. Don't want to run out when I am off in a few weeks on a photographic course in the Lake District.

Regards

Chris

Congratulations!

I love everything about mine except the time it takes to upload the CF card to the computer :wink:

Hi Douglas,

I remember being frustrated at how long it took to copy my CF to the computer.

Then whilst I was with others doing the same I noticed mine seem to take a lot longer. Turned out it was my card reader that was at fault! Binned it, bought another and now a lot better.

However, it will take a long time to copy 32gb over I reckon!

Best regards

Chris

Silly question perhaps but... would it not make more sense to keep the D300 and sell the D700 ? This way you'd have both the cropped and full frame sensors, no ? Or is it that you'd have to have too many varied lenses at that point ?

Doug

Hi Rich,

Many thanks.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is going to hold some time over the weekend. Otherwise it will be the waterproofs and cameramac coming out as I am determined to get some landscapes!

Regards

Chris

Silly question perhaps but... would it not make more sense to keep the D300 and sell the D700 ? This way you'd have both the cropped and full frame sensors, no ? Or is it that you'd have to have too many varied lenses at that point ?

Doug

Hi Doug,

You are correct. I am moving away from the DX lenses and would rather buy longer reach when necessary.

The best I have at the moment which I used last weekend on the D700 was the 300 f4 with a 1.4 TC. Superb clarity and very pleased with it. Only bought it two weeks ago.

Regards

Chris

What type of photography do you do?

Hi All,

Felling all excited as I have collected my D3X today to add to my collection!

D300 which I am selling to a mate and D700 which will be back up and high ISO usage.

So far only managed to mess around as it is dark and raining. Looking forward to taking some shots over the weekend. Seems an awesome camera and would not have believed the feel of this thing.

Best regards

Chris

Congratulations!

I love everything about mine except the time it takes to upload the CF card to the computer :wink:

Ref the CF card I had the same problem with my D3X photos, I messed around with a number of options and eventually tried a card reader from a old tower unit, converted it to adapt ti my IMac 27" the speed of this thing with raw images is many many many times faster, 100 images in under 3 minutes.

Latest threads

Top Bottom