Got me a new 300 f/4

Took these pics around the house with my new 300 f/4,also picked up the 1.4 E11 t/c.Think I am going to like this little rig pics are pretty much straight out of the D200.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is a sharp little lens going to try the 1.7 on this nice lens later.I am now a member of the 300 f/4 fan club.:biggrin::biggrin:

nice pictures, very sharp but they seem a bit underexposed to me, something you could correct very easily with the tool of your choice ...

Thanks Guy,yea they are just wanted to test the new lens I will be working on the little details as I go.

Thanks Guy,yea they are just wanted to test the new lens I will be working on the little details as I go.
Tim

I have the lens and use it with a 20D body, May I recommend you look at a Canon 1.4 TC to go with it. It will get you to 420/5.6 with little or no IQ loss. I promise you it will be the best ~$250 you ever spent. Sorry I didn't read your first post you got it already, Smart move.

A couple pics added

Took these pics around the house with my new 300 f/4,also picked up the 1.4 E11 t/c.Think I am going to like this little rig pics are pretty much straight out of the D200.

This is a sharp little lens going to try the 1.7 on this nice lens later.I am now a member of the 300 f/4 fan club.:biggrin::biggrin:
Here are a couple more with a little processing.

Tim,

I am so glad that you were able to pick up this combo. One of the best set-ups for the $$ that you can get from Nikon. You are going to have so much fun. :smile:

Thanks a lot Frank,Wade thought I would be pretty happy with this little set-up for the backyard birds:smile: and I am.Hope to get out to the river and give it a good test real soon,as you said got a little bang for not a lot of bucks:biggrin:this is always a nice treat:smile:

Nice photos Tim. Tell me did you shoot them in RAW or are they JPG out of the camera. Very sharp for right out of the camera if taken in RAW. You got a good one.
Lou

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom