Got motivated by Philippe Roger's post about boats

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Pradipta Dutta, Jan 5, 2006.

1. And thought of posting some of my pictures of boats as well. Here are some shot in San Francisco Bay -

48663591.20050709Sailling036.

48663599.20050709Sailling041.

[​IMG]

48663566.20050709Sailling020.

2. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Now the people that own those boats make my golf/photography hobbies seem cheap.

3. It's amazing to see so many unused boats

When you visit the harbors around the Bay Area, you will be amazed to see so many unused boats. So, people not only have tons of money but also don't have time to use them.

4. Nice selection of shots. You live in a great area for photography.

5. Thanks

Northern California is certainly a photographer's paradise. The only thing we are missing here is fall colors :redface:.

6. Hey Pradipta,

Nice to have you here, at the Cafe, and to see your pictures from S.F. The colors are just wonderful. You're right about people having too much money: that's why the prices for everything are so high, starting with boats... and houses. (No, I don't own or even dream to have a boat, LOL!) :smile:

7. Thanks

Thanks Philippe! Yup, too much money and too little time :eek:.

8. You know what they say about owning a boat?
    B.O.A.T.

BRING OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND!!!

9. Lol!

Yeah ... that's so very true :tongue:.

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice shots... Can't wait to shoot some boats Saturday across the street from my hotel...

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    My wife has wanted to vacation in S.F. and after seeing these wonderful images, we may need to stash away a few dollars for airfare and get out there someday soon. Thanks for sharing images of your beautiful city, Pradipta.

12. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    I have also heard boats described as "holes in the water to throw money into". Once owned a very small runabout boat for fishing - a financial disaster, two sinkings, lost propeller and so on....

13. Have a great vacation!

Unfortunately, unlike today, the forecast for Saturday is showers in the morning and then overcast. But hopefully you catch some sun shine and some nice boats. Summer and fall are indeed the best time for sailing here in the Bay Area.

But you know, weather men often times go wrong with their forecast :Waldo:.

BTW, if you are into wines, don't forget a trip to Napa. I particularly like Robert Mondavi wineries. Though they charge $20 as entry fee, the wine tasting you get to do covers for the fee.

Have a great vacation!

14. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice boat shots....my dad has a small (VERY SMALL) sailboat. Currently it's in storage...not enough time to use it.

Dave, I do believe you are trying to make those of us who are currently unable to travel just a bit jealous!!! Have fun!