Got My 14-24 Lens!

.....and I love it!

As soon as I signed for the package from FedEx, I opened the box, put it on my D700, went in the backyard (and garage) and snapped a few pics just to make sure everything is working. It is. This pics are nothing special, but I am pretty happy with them considering they were taken within a 10 minute period of walking around without much thought put in to them at all.

I think this lens is really going to suit my style of photography. The quality appears to be fantastic when looking at the images at 100%. :cool:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ahh... you have an Elise? Exige? I lust for one of those a little more than a 14-24 (although not by as much as you'd think).

Rob, I always wondered if you owned the car in your avatar. enjoys the lens! make sure to post up some more images, esp of the rest of your toys!

Ahh... you have an Elise? Exige? I lust for one of those a little more than a 14-24 (although not by as much as you'd think).
Exige S. It only weighs 2000 pounds (about 500 pounds less than a Miata).

Love your comment comparing the amount of lust for the Lotus and the lens! :biggrin:

nice yard.
nice car.
nice lens.
Thanks. :smile:

Wow, you have a house, pool, and car like that... and you opted for the D700 instead of a D3? :biggrin:
Well, I had to cut corners because of the house and car! :wink:

Can I come live with you???
Yes. But you have to pay rent to help me pay for my hobbies! :tongue:

I was thinking to myself "he's a poor SOB"!:biggrin:

I'm thinking that lens must have been pocket change!
Not by a long shot. It will take a while for me to pay off the CC bill! :frown:

But: it's worth it! :biggrin:

Nice first pics.

Your dog looked kinda surprised that you suddenly showed up in front of him.
Didn't he snap at the lens? :biggrin:

nice dog.
:biggrin:

Rob, I always wondered if you owned the car in your avatar. enjoys the lens! make sure to post up some more images, esp of the rest of your toys!
Yes, like I said these were just some very informal quick snapshots. I will definitely post more pics when I get out and do some more serious shooting with this great lens. :cool:

congrats, it's a great lens
Thanks Randy, I'm pretty excited. I did buy it used so I saved a few hundred over buying new.

+1

and to add:

nice dog (maybe you should think about protective filters :tongue:)
Nice first pics.

Your dog looked kinda surprised that you suddenly showed up in front of him.
Didn't he snap at the lens? :biggrin:
I was a tad nervous. I knew he wouldn't actually snap at the lens, but I did think there was a chance that he would lick it. His nose is very close to the lens in that picture.

congrats on the lens. i've been toying around with mine 14-24 for almost a year now, and it's by far my favorite lens! nothing comes close!

oh, and really nice looking little toy car you've got there ;)

Maybe just a vacation layover then? I'll bring the 200/2 :wink:

Seriously, congrats on the lens, it is a blast...
Well why didn't you say so in the first place? How soon can you get here!? :biggrin:

congrats on the lens. i've been toying around with mine 14-24 for almost a year now, and it's by far my favorite lens! nothing comes close!

oh, and really nice looking little toy car you've got there ;)
I've been wanting this lens for quite a while. My biggest regret is that I didn't have it prior to my trip to Las Vegas as there would have been some great opportunities to use it there.

Nice dog.

I went shopping for a Lotus once, about 30 years ago. Couldn't *fit* in a Europa.

Still love the Super Sevens. May end up building one or a Porsche 550 Spyder.

Dave

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Congrats on this lens.
Just bought a D700 (and have heard from colleagues everything above...), but I'm still not decided if I will buy this lens, the 17-35 or maybe 2 primes.
Anyhow, I'll hope you post a lot of shots with this baby soon!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom