1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Got My 14-24 Lens!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Rob T, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    .....and I love it!

As soon as I signed for the package from FedEx, I opened the box, put it on my D700, went in the backyard (and garage) and snapped a few pics just to make sure everything is working. It is. This pics are nothing special, but I am pretty happy with them considering they were taken within a 10 minute period of walking around without much thought put in to them at all.

I think this lens is really going to suit my style of photography. The quality appears to be fantastic when looking at the images at 100%. :cool: 

3799136550_4da339c1fc_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3799136674_2fd4eafb61_o.jpg

3798320537_a721c9941b_o.jpg

2. A.O.M.E.

A.O.M.E.

Feb 1, 2009
    Chicago
    Ahh... you have an Elise? Exige? I lust for one of those a little more than a 14-24 (although not by as much as you'd think).

3. LSSE

LSSE Guest

nice yard.
    nice car.
    nice lens.

4. Wow, you have a house, pool, and car like that... and you opted for the D700 instead of a D3? :biggrin:

5. MD2595

MD2595

Jul 6, 2007
    Fort Worth, TX
    I was thinking to myself "he's a poor SOB"!:biggrin:

I'm thinking that lens must have been pocket change!

6. Rob, I always wondered if you owned the car in your avatar. enjoys the lens! make sure to post up some more images, esp of the rest of your toys!

7. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    Exige S. It only weighs 2000 pounds (about 500 pounds less than a Miata).

Love your comment comparing the amount of lust for the Lotus and the lens! :biggrin:

Thanks. :smile:

Well, I had to cut corners because of the house and car! :wink:

Yes. But you have to pay rent to help me pay for my hobbies! :tongue:

Not by a long shot. It will take a while for me to pay off the CC bill! :frown:

But: it's worth it! :biggrin:

8. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    nice dog.

9. congrats, it's a great lens

10. +1

and to add:

nice dog (maybe you should think about protective filters :tongue:) 

11. jefrda

jefrda

Jun 20, 2009
    Belgium
    Nice first pics.

Your dog looked kinda surprised that you suddenly showed up in front of him.
    Didn't he snap at the lens? :biggrin:

12. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    :biggrin:

Yes, like I said these were just some very informal quick snapshots. I will definitely post more pics when I get out and do some more serious shooting with this great lens. :cool: 

Thanks Randy, I'm pretty excited. I did buy it used so I saved a few hundred over buying new.

I was a tad nervous. I knew he wouldn't actually snap at the lens, but I did think there was a chance that he would lick it. His nose is very close to the lens in that picture.

13. Nice, I am very jealous.

14. Maybe just a vacation layover then? I'll bring the 200/2 :wink:

Seriously, congrats on the lens, it is a blast...

15. northrop

northrop

Apr 20, 2008
    Chicago
    congrats on the lens. i've been toying around with mine 14-24 for almost a year now, and it's by far my favorite lens! nothing comes close!

oh, and really nice looking little toy car you've got there ;) 

16. Rob T

Rob T

Aug 27, 2008
    SoCal
    Well why didn't you say so in the first place? How soon can you get here!? :biggrin:

I've been wanting this lens for quite a while. My biggest regret is that I didn't have it prior to my trip to Las Vegas as there would have been some great opportunities to use it there.

17. dspeed

dspeed

Dec 17, 2006
    Carlsbad, NM
    Nice dog.

I went shopping for a Lotus once, about 30 years ago. Couldn't *fit* in a Europa.

Still love the Super Sevens. May end up building one or a Porsche 550 Spyder.

Dave

18. I can apparate there in seconds... :m69:

19. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Congrats on this lens.
    Just bought a D700 (and have heard from colleagues everything above...), but I'm still not decided if I will buy this lens, the 17-35 or maybe 2 primes.
    Anyhow, I'll hope you post a lot of shots with this baby soon!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.